emtee

Scratchy Lorlins
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:54:56 AM »
Can anybody advise me how to clean Lorlin switches?

The ones in question are in the eq section of a TLA EQ1 - at least I think they're Lorlin.

I think the unit has stood unused for quite a while and when switching frequencies I get scratching and a shifting of the eq frequency as if the swich is losing contact partially.

Stripping down the unit and replacing the switches would be the obvious  answer but it looks like a bit of a task. I was thinking of drilling a tiny hole into the side of the switch to inject some Deoxit and then sealing it again.

Any thoughts anyone? :?

gyraf

Scratchy Lorlins
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »
If they're scratchy, there's a good chance that some electrolytics in the signal path has become DC-leaky and needs replacing.

Often, you can spray the lorlin's from the outside, aiming for the line where they're assembled - and high-viscosity cleaner like Kontakt60 will enter in adequate amounts.

Jakob E.
..note to self: don't let Harman run your company..

emtee

Scratchy Lorlins
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »
Quote from: "gyraf"
If they're scratchy, there's a good chance that some electrolytics in the signal path has become DC-leaky and needs replacing.

Good point, I should have thought of that...

Quote from: "gyraf"
Often, you can spray the lorlin's from the outside, aiming for the line where they're assembled - and high-viscosity cleaner like Kontakt60 will enter in adequate amounts.

Jakob E.

:thumb:  Thanks (as usual!)