Simple PCBs - Any PCB fab experts want to help?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guavatone

After being fed up with Toner Transfer methods and realizing the price of copper clad boards are not much less than outsourcing not to mention the learning curve of PCB software, I am wondering if anyone can help design these PCBs. I am hoping somone may be able willing to help to come up with Gerbers for the PCBs.

The project is basically 2 boards for setting up relay switches for the FP of DIY mic pres. One with switches, a resistor and LED for each circuit; th other that has the relays and different functions. These are based on Peter Purpose's relay boards but with an extra "aux" switch and relay.

I am not doing this for profit and plan to post them on BM to help folks out who may want the same setup. I will go into mor detail, my feeling is that someone who knew these apps could probably do it in a half hour or less.
Thanks.

I had good results with FAR Circuits:

http://www.farcircuits.net/

Supplied him the artwork and he took care of the rest.

Give him a call, ask for Fred. :grin:

You could send them my way too. I do this sort of thing, design PCBs for clients, as part of my business. I wouldn't mind doing it for free. I don't contribute much here and it's time I changed that.

James
email: biguglyaudio at yahoo dot com

onve the pcb is done in eagle, i highly suggest taht you use olimex for the pcb production - a lot of guys here already use them, and the quality is good (i've had 2 jobs done there so far).

good luck

R

Wow, I feel graced to be here with such knowledgeable and generous folks.

Bigugly, I need to finish the plan for the PC for relays that are wired to the switches. I am a little stuck. I first planed on a 4 switch pcb for 48v, phase, pad and aux. I was adding an aux for folks who wanted to terninate their output XFMRS by throwing a shunt R on the output. Then I thought there may be other DIY uses for a 4th toggle - maybe for swiching DI on the input. hmm.

This is the thread I am referencing for PCBs

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=7668&highlight=relay

I will post in BM to see what people may want. But any ideas are welcome.

Thanks all.

[quote author="Rochey"] i highly suggest that you use olimex for the pcb production - a lot of guys here already use them, and the quality is good (i've had 2 jobs done there so far).[/quote]

Thanks for the tip on Olimex, thats the lowest 2 sided fab price I've seen (for 1 board)! At that price, I think I'm wasting a lot of time on home etching. I wonder what kind of breaks they give for batch orders.

I did a 2 sided home etch today (jensen twin-servo that fits API lunchbox), after etch solution, developer, PCB's, transparency, drill bits, two hours of my time, and inferior quality, next time I'm ordering from them.

Back