-/+16v Power Supply & 48v Phantom.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Harpo"]
A 7824 regulator with a 6V zener between 0V and reg.com and a 2k4 resistor between reg.out and reg.com for a current draw of 10 mA (same as 7818 / 12V zener / 1k8 resistor) should get you there. Your transformer secondary would be min. 24-0-24 and C1 will require a /50V or /63V rating.[/quote]

I should have clarified that what I have is a 22-0-22 toroid.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=TE62085-ND

[quote author="Harpo"]Voltage would be as calculated, but the voltage multiplier as designed will most probably not supply enough current for your BA's.[/quote]

Seems to be the problem with all of these solutions.

[quote author="Harpo"]LM78xx (in/com/out) and LM317 (adj/out/in) have a different pinout, so you'll have to bend it a little more than quoted. No need to up the rating of C1 to 100V. 1000uF/50V or /63V may still fit the pcb as the -18V part is unstuffed. Placement of C6 is fine as is (C1 and C6 are in parallel).
(Whats so wrong with a little piece of perfboard :green: )[/quote]

Nothing is wrong with perfboard! Since I have the boards, thought I could find a way to use them. Waste not want not! Since it seems that current will be an issue with any of these ideas, and the toroid I have isn't rated high enough, I'm thinking of either buying a ready made PS with the voltages I need, or just powering the BAs from their onboard unregulated supplies and using just the +48 leg of the PS board for my phantom. Or I could just add a little perfboard regulator to the existing BA power supplies.

Hmmmmm...

Back