Behringer Meters on SSL Comp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EIDT: Nevermind, got it open ;-) - sometimes you just can't be too careful hehe

Can anyone show me some pics, how i am supposed to get the be-46 open?

It seeems that it's glued together or something. Or do i have to try to pop out the glass somehow?

I tried getting behind the panel where the screw-holes are to get the back tube to po off, but it doesn't even open a little.
I don't want to break it... maybe someone can help?

thx

Hi Phil,
it really needs a bit of force. It is kind of a 'tight fit ring' on the back tube, plastic on plastic.
I tried quite a bit before I got it open, because I did not want to break it, too.
Take a small screwdriver and try to pop it open right behind the bezel, where the back tube is connected.
Don't be too afraid to break anything, or you might waste quite some time (like me).
No glue involved.

Kind regards,
Martin

ChrioN said:
The behringer meters is far from accurate. I would stick with a simple resistor.

I've never used the actual behringer one, but the similar style one from diypartssupply.com is only innacurate by barely more than a dB in the 8-10dB gain reduction area.  With a properly calibrated trimpot the rest of the throw above and below that area is spot on accurate.

I found it quite impossible to adjust the meter correctly for all values. It's either accurate in the lower part of the scale or the higher.
I used a 3.3K resistor to give me something a little in between.

Back