Trouble-Shooting A Keef / SSLTech PSU......

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodabod

Hello, make fun of me if you want, but I have failed to get my bloody SSL9K PSU working..... It's the only pre-fab board I've ever used and I can't get it working :oops:

I don't like woeking with mains, so I have been trying to be careful.

Anyway, when I connect my dual-secondary 18V toroid to the board, the toroid starts making a high pitched whining sound, and it gets very, very hot along with the 100uF cap at the botommon of the picture below.

Now, I checked the voltages on the secondary which were fine - I started with the two secondaries in series, and used the centre as 0V which gave 20V on each side. I also tried both secondaries connected in parallel to give 20V and tied one side to the 0V connection on the board - the same thing happened again when I connected the PSU board though....

So, I am assuming I have made an error in the board.... Also, I'm wondering if that very hot 100uF cap is now faulty as it seems to have a resistance of around 10K, whereas the other 100uF cap is open as it should be.

Here is a photo:

dscn1494wb1.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Roddy

[quote author="Svart"]Yes i can see that they are in wrong. the ~ marks are your AC inputs.[/quote]

Bollocks. :oops:

Cheers Svart! As long as no-one at work finds out..... :razz:

Latest posts

Back