1081 PCB's on ebay?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scenaria

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3278&item=3743070019&rd=1

does anyone know anything about these?

those who are offering this and similars tru evilbaaj should get them stuck on their desktops (and loose the cash involved) ... it would stop very short after... (could be even worse in case it turns out as pure rippoffs)

invite them over to this place and support/participate/share/learn as we all do....

this pi**es me off, for those who want to make some rapid cash, get a job, there's a lot of demand for waiters these days!

come on Mr Anonymous bizzdude, get serious and get a life

Tony dB.

PS i don't have anything against free entrepreneurship but at least FACE us instead of hiding somewhere. Can't we get someone of us placing a very lo bid? All the other members have to stay out of course... who will use these pcbs after all?

"does anyone know anything about these?"

Yes.....they're mine. Now you all know my e-bay nick.

"It doesn't look anything like Tommytones PCB."

Well it does, but it was made well before Tom thought of making any.

"the layout looks like it´s a Tomytones copy..."

It's a copy of a NEVE Raphael....Tom's are also a copy of a NEVE.

"come on Mr Anonymous bizzdude, get serious and get a life"

Hey Tony, I'm wading knee deep in your fuckin advice. Why not just look after yourself and I'll take care of my own problems any way I see fit.

peter

Peterpose is correct in saying that these pcb's where devised way before tommytones thought of copying the 1081.

Give em Hell Peter.......... :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Peter P,

My sincere apologies to you, but honestly you could have informed us before you know, especially since a few members where already trying to find out who was behind these sales.

I hope you understand i respect you too much as a member of this community to take my rant against you litterally. :oops:

At least we know who's doing this. :green:

i really hope you accept my apologies, as my frasing was a bit more harsh then meant to be :oops: :oops:

Tony dB

and bugger me, look who's high bidder!
Way to go Simon.
You can probably get original amp boards from FunkyJunk if you turn up there.

Ebay is turning into our unofficial forum number three.

Peter, I'm still looking for the T1530.......

And to ANYONE else wishing to sell PCBs on ebay...

NO-ONE expects the Spanish inquisition!!!

[quote author="Jonathan Hayward"]and bugger me, look who's high bidder!
Way to go Simon.
You can probably get original amp boards from FunkyJunk if you turn up there.

Ebay is turning into our unofficial forum number three.

Peter, I'm still looking for the T1530.......

And to ANYONE else wishing to sell PCBs on ebay...

NO-ONE expects the Spanish inquisition!!![/quote]
I only bid a quid!!!
Can't go wrong with buying anything on ebay - if you are only spending £1.00 (you can't get a half pint of beer fotr a 31.00 - now which is the better value?)

Now..now..Tony db..You bad boy you..where on earth do you get it from..your dad, or moms side of the family..??? *tsk-tsk-tsk*..Havent you been told not to lie about other people..???

Kind regards

Peter

mum has wayyy more dynamite in da blood :green:

should have stayed on the same brand of pills i think...
damn doctors... :cry:

It's a copy of a NEVE Raphael....Tom's are also a copy of a NEVE.

Sorry Peter, I didn´t know that the TOM´s 1081 boards where a perfect copy of the original NEVE Layout.

So, it seems that you can make as many boards as you want and just sell them on ebay. Everybody clones neve stuff and it´s a very old design anyway.

My error...

I guess everybody is a little unconfort because of the many not so ehtic auctions we have seen on ebay lately. This is not the cause with yours, for sure.

ugh

I wasnt posting my question for all of htis to occur.. I was actually interested in the boards! and wanted opinions before bidding...

:roll:

[quote author="tony dB"]mum has wayyy more dynamite in da blood :green:

should have stayed on the same brand of pills i think...
damn doctors... :cry:[/quote]

:grin: :grin: ..Ohhh them pills, and them Bells..keeps haunting the one who.........;-)

Kind regards

Peter

tony dB

My sincere apologies to you, but honestly you could have informed us before you know, especially since a few members where already trying to find out who was behind these sales.

Do you mean Peter or anyone has to ok pcb or widget clones with this form before auctioning off on Ebay? Wow....... :shock:

The Studio,

plz don't blow this any further out of proportion as it already is.

did you never wind up about something?

Take care bro and happy recording and DIY, this should have been the first and for all reason that i post here, not to insult anyone. I let myself go and feel i did injustice to Peter Purpose, who i admire a lot btw.

So do ourselves a big pleasure and let it be, i apologised (what else can i do? Peter if you read this and you want a few Belgian beers, i'll be more than happy to send you some!) and hope Peter finds this ok. After all, it's just a few lines overinterpretted posting, but i do feel kinda responsible about the fact that this led to this emberrasing threadsequel and even way more to the fact that Peter is feeling not so happy about this now, and i can't blame him...

In a childish way i guess i just wanted to force someone to take of their disguise, big deal. I never claimed to be sane in my brain eather :green:

Iron to the pcb, peace out. :sam: :guinness:

Tony dB

Back