simple g-ssl parts question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammond

Hi All

I've just started collecting all the parts for my g-ssl ( my first diy project ).
I bought some components from a local store and later found that they sold my the wrong bridge rectifier : Instead of the W04G they gave me a W02M, which is 200v instead of 400v.
Does the W02M work or should i change it with the W04G?

Thanks In Advance

Forgive my ignorance but i guess Italy has 230V ? If yes then you can't use this bridge rectifier. It needs to be speced for your voltage.

Flo

Uhh, that diode bridge is after the power-TX, so it's getting a way lower voltage than whatever your mains voltage is.

IIRIC the G-SSL has 2*12Vac or 2*15Vac as the secondary power-TX voltage, so the bridge you have now will work fine.

For completeness (as in: 'generally') you should always check the current rating as well.
But I think it'd be hard to find a bridge rectifier of this format that can't cope with the G-SSL current requirements.

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]Uhh, that diode bridge is after the power-TX...[/quote]

Yeah.

Remember to put it in the correct way round too, otherwise you can end up with problems like me!

[quote author="rodabod"]otherwise you can end up with problems like me![/quote]
Reversed bridge resulting in pipe smoking habits ? :shock: :roll: :wink:

[quote author="clintrubber"]
Reversed bridge resulting in pipe smoking habits ? :shock: :roll: :wink:[/quote]

Yes, I had to start smoking the pipe due to all the stresses of messing things up!

:razz: lol...nice glitch...nothing to worry about. My friends always have a good laugh hearing me giving fast but wrong answers, haha! :razz:
Tip: If i don't have an appropriate BR i use to build one from 1N400x type diodes from scratch (got hundreds of them for cheap...), simple and much cheaper. Even did this 'point-to-point' in the footprint of the gssl!

Kind regards

Martin

First of all thank you all guys !!

I've checked the current : both are 1.5A and have overload protection up to 50A, so i think it's ok.
One more question : Does the final letter stand for the brand ? ex: W04 G and W02 M

Again thanks You're All Great

:green:

First of all thank you all guys !!

I've checked the current : both are 1.5A and have overload protection up to 50A, so i think it's ok.
One more question : Does the final letter stand for the brand ? ex: W04 G and W02 M

Again thanks You're All Great

:green:

Latest posts

Back