neutrik chassimounted xlr´s other than d series?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredrik

Hi All,

I´m thinking of trying a xlr chassi connector type from neutrik other than the D series. The much cheaper A series, it seems to be made for PCB mount with option for an IDC connection. As far as I understand it shoud be posible to mount a IDC connector to the end of the cable or just solder the wires straight on the PCB legs.

http://www.neutrik.com/content/Products/products_group.asp?level2id=204_45791

Has anyone tried this with succes, does it fit in a 1HE 19" rack?

Is there a reason why you don't want to use the D series? They are a great jack and are very reliable. Sure, they cost more than some others, but I think it's worth it. After putting all of the time and effort in to your project, you might as well use good quality jacks as well.

Cheers,
Zach

[quote author="usekgb"]Is there a reason why you don't want to use the D series? They are a great jack and are very reliable. Sure, they cost more than some others, but I think it's worth it. After putting all of the time and effort in to your project, you might as well use good quality jacks as well.

Cheers,
Zach[/quote]

No reason in particular I was just curious. I have to order this one if I´m going to use it so I just thought I would check with the guys in the forum to see if somebody had experience with it. I think it´s intended for a more industrial use and as far as the quality is conserned it shure looks less sturdy than the D series, however it is also available as metal.

I´ll see what I do, I´m going to probably use the D series anyway.

thanks

Fredrik

Latest posts

Back