dose any one know where to buy sdc capulse

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frob

hase any one cloned a small diafram condencer and if so do you knoe where to buy the capsule?

Hi Frob,

No, as far as I know, no one here has built a small-diagphragme mic yet. i know that Tim C. is thinking about trying...

To find a place to buy a SD capsule is not difficult - think of the exchangable CK-series SD capsules for the AKG C451 system e.g.

These can be found second-hand at reasonable prices.

Or the recent Oktava with interchangable capsules - those are still in production, I think - try your local Oktava pusher...

Jakob E.

I've been using the AKG CK61-ULS and CK62-ULS with great success. Some of my favorite SDC's. But they're a bit expensive. Oktava capsules are not bad. I was thinking of DIY'ing a SDC capsule but only after I manage to get the LDC one done.

I've had some back problems and can't stand at a lathe yet. I go in for a CAT scan today, and I've been in pain for about a month and a half. In the meantime, I've got all of the pieces for my vacuum deposition system (except for the vacuum pump) so I've been putting that together.

Oh man, a SDC tube mic would be a sweet thing to have. The studio I used to work at had an old Telefunken SDC tube mic that was just amazing sounding on acoustic guitar. It took a lot of the harshness out of what I often hear from SDC's, and sounded warm and clear.

That would be a fun project... :grin:

Dale,
Do you have a good quality schematic for the M30 (or M20)? I have a very grainy one off the web but it is hard to read all the component vales.
Cheers!
Stewart
:guinness:

try the oktava mk012 capsule. you can buy these for like 20$ in various patterns last i saw. i don't know who sells them now since Guitar Center in the USA seems to have stopped selling them. they were going for 60-100$

Back