Crap! The Toroid for my G1176 is out of stock until 9/25!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlearman

Can any of you guys tell me if (a) you know of a place other than digikey to get the toroid transformer needed for the 1176 project, or if (b) the following replacement will work? One last totally stupid question from a noob...does anyone have a mouser/Digi part number for regular ol' jumper wire?

From Greg's BOM:

Power VA: 25
Parallel VAC @ A: 22 @ 1.136
Series VCT @ A: 44 @ .568
Digi Key Part No: TE62065-ND

Suggested Substitute from Digi Key:
Power VA: 35
Parallel VAC @ A: 22 @ 1.590
Series VCT @ A: 44 @ .795
Digi Key Part No: TE62075-ND

Parts Express carries the Avel Lindberg (SP?) brand which is actually better than the Amveco ones from Digikey. They may sell direct too, not sure.

Steve

Thanks guitarmaker...I see the Avel toroids on the parts express website, but I can't figure out which one would be the right one for this project.

Parts Express doesn't actually stock the one you need. So check their website, and yes, they sell direct. They're nice folk. :thumb:

http://www.avellindberg.com/transformers/y23_range_specs.htm

Call Avel Lindberg direct

They Take credit cards and quick shipping based in Connecticut.

Tel: (860) 355 4711

Great people... better transformers than Amveco
Dan Kennedy (great River) highly endorsed Avel in another thread....

Amveco suxs had a couple that were funky

I can second (third?) Avel Lindberg. Great service, and even understanding with me when my card got suspended in the middle of an order due to identity theft.

- E

2x22V is a bit low for the 1176 - I'd recommend not using anything below 2x24V, as we need 30VDC plus several volts of headroom for rectifier and regulator..

Jakob E.

[quote author="Svart"]just go for the next VA size up, it'll work fine and give you some added bonuses![/quote]

I like bonuses....what form might they take? What about jakob's comment that the voltage may be too low?

2x25V 30VA
Part Number Y236106

OR

2x30V 30VA
Part Number Y236107

READ THIS: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6922&highlight=1176+avel+lindberg

I used the second option for my G1176 worked great! (recommended to me by Soundguy) I use the first PT for all my +/-24V Mic PreAmps.

Latest posts

Back