help buying tubes?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbaker

I've searched and gone through metas---I think I remember seeing a recommendation in the metas but I can't find it now.

I need to buy a 6072a for a tcm1050 mod. Aside from a recommendation of where to go, can anyone give me hints on what I should be looking for?

I know almost nothing about buying tubes. :(

Also I'm just starting a gyraf pultec and if possible I might as well get that tube through the same people right? (ecc88)

any help because I lack the ability to search the metas effectively :oops: is GREATLY appreciated.

I just need help finding a place to buy them. (preferably in the US)

I see some on ebay, I see some at other random places. I know there's lots of different levels of quality and I'm pretty sure when it comes to mics, you want the higher quality.

If anyone knows of a place that is reputable and has somewhat tested tubes etc, that would be awesome. I know it's subjective, but since I've never bought tubes before I'm not sure I trust myself. I know that I can listen to it and decide whether I like it or not but since its somewhat diy how do I know whether it's my tube, my soldering, a bad capsule etc.

http://store.triodestore.com/tubes.html

triode is a reputable dealer with good prices. matched pairs and tested tubes are available and if nothing else, there's helpful descriptions of the various tubes you might find useful.

no relation, just a customer, kato

Latest posts

Back