shopping NEUTRIK XLR ??? - Europe, Germany ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purusha

I need some male and female Neutrik XLRs. Cheaper XLRs are also an option but they should have the holes for the screws at same distance as Neutriks. Does anyone know some nice internet shop where to order them in Germany or at least in Europe? The best price is what I am looking for.

Thank you. :thumb:

There's gotta be something cheaper than Conrad. I was getting them for less than half the price of Conrad in the States, so where's the place to get them here in Deutschland where they are manufactured, right? I was thinking of trying to do a group order for these too if necessary.

Neutrik stuff is made in Liechtenstein, except for their really cheap NYS series stuff. For Germany (oops......... Deutschland), check here:

Neutrik Vertriebs GmbH
Felix-Wankel-Strasse 1
85221 Dachau
Germany
phone: +49-8131/280 890
fax: +49-8131-280 830
email: [email protected]
net: http://www.neutrik.com

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Zach

Is there any other (cheaper) company that makes XLR connectors with the same measures as Neutrik? This stuff is so expensive :?

I bought some no name for my 8 G-SSLs which are build like a tank for 0.75Euro. I don't see any difference between Neutrik and these ones except the distances for the holes. I need a lot of them now but they must fit the holes made for the Neutrik because of the batch series cases.

7.jpg

[quote author="usekgb"]Neutrik stuff is made in Liechtenstein, except for their really cheap NYS series stuff. For Germany (oops......... Deutschland), check here:

Cheers,
Zach[/quote]

Hi Zach,

I just read over what I wrote and realized that it wasn't too clear. That?s what I get for typing this stuff when it's 3AM. I know Neutrik is located and Lichtenstein, but you can't order from them direct. You need a distributer here, and I meant to say, there's gotta be a distributer in the country in which they are headquartered that can offer them at a comparable price to what they cost in the USA, or at least one would think so.

Purusha. Check out the following:

www.redco.com

That's where I get them in the States, but I've never tried to import them here to Germany. I'm sure the Germans will want a substantial tax when they enter the country here. If no one is able to tell us a better supplier, it might be worth trying to organize a group buy with the price difference, but to have them enter the EU in a different country. I'm not so sure how that works, but the Germans will DEFINITELY want a large sum on the tax end. If Redco won't ship internationally, I have someone there that could ship them to us.

Tillmann

[quote author="Purusha"]Is there any other (cheaper) company that makes XLR connectors with the same measures as Neutrik? This stuff is so expensive :?

I bought some no name for my 8 G-SSLs which are build like a tank for 0.75Euro. I don't see any difference between Neutrik and these ones except the distances for the holes. I need a lot of them now but they must fit the holes made for the Neutrik because of the batch series cases.
[/quote]
You seem to be mixing the Universal connector Neurtiks - I think they are the D series (of which there are clones out there) - with the thin ones (your males)
Get yourself over to Canford (www.canford.co.uk) - and check out all the literature behind the Neutriks (loads of pdfs) - there are also "clones" to be had over there and technical drawings as well

[quote author="Tillmann"]That's where I get them in the States, but I've never tried to import them here to Germany. I'm sure the Germans will want a substantial tax when they enter the country here. [/quote]

If you import anything, you have to pay German Mehrwertsteuer (value added tax) plus an import tax, that depends in the type of thing you're importing.
But: as long as the total value of the stuff you're importing is below 50,- EUR the tax officers just ignore your parcel because it wold cost more to collect the tax from you.

As for cheap sources in Germany, I use Reichelt and Thomann.

Olaf

I found the best option at redco. I think I'll go with Neutrik P series for 1.1USD. All together would come out with shipping around 30USD so it should be fine.

Anyone tried the P series yet? It should be OK for studio where all cables stay connected for years, isn't it?

Canford has them also. A little more expensive but since I am waiting for some Lundahl transformers I just ordered from them.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GENTLEMAN! :thumb:

[quote author="Tillmann"][quote author="usekgb"]Neutrik stuff is made in Liechtenstein, except for their really cheap NYS series stuff. For Germany (oops......... Deutschland), check here:

Cheers,
Zach[/quote]

Hi Zach,

I just read over what I wrote and realized that it wasn't too clear. That?s what I get for typing this stuff when it's 3AM. I know Neutrik is located and Lichtenstein, but you can't order from them direct. You need a distributer here, and I meant to say, there's gotta be a distributer in the country in which they are headquartered that can offer them at a comparable price to what they cost in the USA, or at least one would think so.

Purusha. Check out the following:

www.redco.com

That's where I get them in the States, but I've never tried to import them here to Germany. I'm sure the Germans will want a substantial tax when they enter the country here. If no one is able to tell us a better supplier, it might be worth trying to organize a group buy with the price difference, but to have them enter the EU in a different country. I'm not so sure how that works, but the Germans will DEFINITELY want a large sum on the tax end. If Redco won't ship internationally, I have someone there that could ship them to us.

Tillmann[/quote]

I was simply suggesting that you contact the German Neutrik distributor to find out who can sell them to you locally. Most distributors and sales reps are very helpful, even to end users. My workplace here in Utah has a dealer account with Neutrik, so luckilly I can get them at very good prices. At retail prices though, they get very expensive.

Cheers,
Zach

[quote author="TobWen"]1 year ago, I bought 200 male and 200 female connectors.
They were EXTREMELY cheap :)

Buy them here (a secret tip): http://www.jobbo.de/[/quote]

Well, they changed their prices :wink:

http://www.jobbo.de/catalog/index.php?cPath=4_5_6

Back