Schematic request yamaha m1516

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people have asked for that one here before. i'd be willing to split on the cost to get the service manual from yamaha. i'd be willing to bet that the eq section is identical to that of the pm-2000, which means the JLM inductive eq mod might be possible.

if you haven't yet, take a peek inside one of them. all of that iron is very comforting.

Do you know how much the service manual is? I'd probably be willing to go in on one as well.

I have looked inside all three of them. two were modded to be monitor boards but one is stock. I'm going to build some external pre's with the iron and the DOAs, and probably sell off a bunch of them...All three only came with one power supply so they're kinda parts boards anyway. All I'd like to do is add a bypass to the EQ and maybe swap out a couple of the EQ chips...But I'm having trouble tracing it all out.

I think I have an original manual (including full-color foldout schematic) back from when I was a tech at a Yamaha dealer. Let me dig through the garage and I'll post if I find it.

That would be VERY cool. :thumb:

Is there any chance you have ANY info or "spec"sheets for the:
- NE80200 or NE80100 Yamaha Op-amp ?
- Input &/or Output trannys ?

You would REALLY be the man :green:

Thanks man,
Kevin

[quote author="Baltimore"]and maybe swap out a couple of the EQ chips...But I'm having trouble tracing it all out.[/quote]

I know I keep saying this but these desks benefit much more from recapping than changing opamps. Change all bipolar caps and even the tants if you want before thinking about the other stuff as they will be well out of spec by now.

M@

[quote author="lang_dave"]Hey Kevin!

The input transformers are those Tamura GA80980 that we've talked about before.

Was there something else you wanted to figure out about them?[/quote]

Looks like there's 2 Kevins here...

I'm just always on the lookout for any info or spec sheets I can find for the M1516 or PM2000, mostly the op-amp data sheets.
2nd, the in & output trannys - core type, freq. info & headroom.

Kevin

Back