JFETs For Cascoding

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Groner

Hi

I'm looking for JFET transistor types which are suitable as a floting cascode for BJTs or JFETs; so far I found as recommended parts:
* 2N4391
* 2N5638
* 2SK264
* 2SJ103

Do you have any other recommendations? I'd prefer parts rated for 36 V or even 50 V and with TO-92 footprint--thanks!

Samuel

I use the J111, J112, and J113 parts from Fairchild with very good results. They take a little more volage than their PN439X parts. They are rated at 35V minimum Vds, but typically they take a lot more and I have used many of them in 48V aplications without problems. Low noise and very inexpensive too.

[quote author="Samuel Groner"]any chance for a P channel suggestion from someone?Samuel[/quote]

P-Channel JFETs suck with a very few exceptions. They are noisy and have low gain. The J175 through J177 may work if you give them enough current. Try the ZVP3310A. OK, it is not a JFET... and, it is not suitable as the input device, but for the cascoding pair it works fine. Vds is 100V!

Latest posts

Back