Have you built your sum box yet?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody ever gotten around to building a summing mixer based on NewYorkDave's passive design with pan and level? It seems like a great idea to just build one and use some sweet pre's for make-up. All the threads I've found at various forums just kind of trail off with no end results (not that that ain't occasionally the nature of "the beast"). I haven't seen a finished DIY summer that wasn't simply Left-Center-Right which, personally, I don't understand the point of. Am I missing something regarding that design?

http://groupdiy.twin-x.com/albums/userpics/10031/PassiveMixWithControls.pdf

If nobody's tried it yet I may as well. At least a couple channels first. It would be nice to take my DAW tracks and mix them down to stereo but I would need REAL pan control.

Just like to get some support from those with experience with this... or at least a solid warning against a DIY pipedream.

Thanks in advance!

-Tim

I see you found the schematic you were seeking.

A couple of guys here were planning to build it... The conversation went as far as uncovering a source for the unusual 20K dual linear pots, and I didn't hear anything else about it after that. I don't even know if their pots arrived after they sent their money off to China.

[quote author="skipwave"]I should read whole posts before replying.[/quote]

:?:

NewYorkDave:

Thanks for the schematics!!! I'll try to contact futurlec and maybe the guys who were last working on this before ordering the pots.

Latest posts

Back