please help me fix my cad e300 microphone! :)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imloggedin

hey guys i just got this mic from musicians friend clearence center for super cheap and it doesnt work ofcourse, so i popped her open and the wires going from the diaphram to the 3 prongs in the casing (wich goto the circuit board beneath) are all popped off. i dont know wich ones go where now. how do i figure that out? how do u guys recommend i put this back together? the wires are so tiny. the diaphram looks a little damaged but i still wanna see if it works. heres wich mic it is, cad e300 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/CAD-e300-MultiPattern-Condenser-Microphone?sku=271261 .this mic has 2 9v batteries inside of it. what in the world would these be used for? see pictures below. (thanks all)

diaphram1.jpg

diaphram2.jpg

bottom.jpg

top.jpg

heres the chip the diaphram is connected to. http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,,759_786_AD8512,00.html 1 wire is connected to +in a, another to +in b. i would assume the 2 red wires? but i dont wanna make an assumption :)

its in the link. cad e300. does the side of the diaphram usually get voltage or front and back? i just need to know what wire goes where. thanks.

anyone have this mic that can just take the top off and see how the wires are arranged? it only takes a minute. anyone know how multipattern capsules work? i know 2 of the wires connect to the ad8512... surely someone knows how this capsule works??

The capsule looks very damaged on the one side.

you only got three wires

Anyone know how microphones work? Read the metas

16 screws, plastic rings, most likely not glued, name that capsule

i searched this board for hours for anything about this capsule or microphone. metas dont help me right now. i just need to know wich 2 wires will goto the ad8512. i guess ill try and call cad but i doubt ill get an answer from them besides "you voided your warranty"

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=5574&highlight=cad+microphone

searched for cad microphone

for all i know multipattern capsules could be different than the m37, wich has only 1 pattern. ive seen that thread already. it doesnt help me. will someone please just answer my question, im sure someone knows how multipattern capsules work enoguh to say "the front gets this the back gets this and the side gets this". please reference how i said it connects to t he ad8512. PLEASE

http://www.chipcatalog.com/Analog/AD8512.htm
Seems that wire connections are damaged in upper side of mount,
only 2 connections loose,not too much to go wrong.
Can you understand how capsule works?

no i dont understand how a capsule works completely, so id rather have someone that knows more than me about it answer. and no one is answering. i have 2 wires to place and im assuming the front and back side of the capsule have voltage on the ad8512 and the middle wire is on its own. right ? wrong? anyone wanna dare to say anything more than "go here and look and do what youve already done"??

a kind technician from CAD called me back and told me exactly what i wanted to know. "the front and back of the capsule goto the ad8512. thats all i needed to know, someone coulda said that from step1 im sure. a more direct answer would be nice. people dont always need to be directed to a meaningless webpage when they ask a question.

[quote author="imloggedin"] someone coulda said that from step1 im sure. a more direct answer would be nice. people dont always need to be directed to a meaningless webpage when they ask a question.[/quote]

That's just us having fun.

Learn how a capsule works, and then you'll realise that you probably need a new one.

[quote author="SonsOfThunder"][quote author="Gus"]name that capsule[/quote]

I'd like to play: 32mm 797?

[/quote]

Me too. I was going to say that too but wouldn't it have 14 screws not 16? I'm was pretty sure the ones I have are 16 for shanghai and 14 for 797.

That CAD capsule looks way fubarred :?

Kiira

yah it is. anew one from cad is 100$. its a 400$ mic though so it might be worth it. i might try and reskin it with the inside of a cap.

[quote author="imloggedin"]yah it is. anew one from cad is 100$. its a 400$ mic though so it might be worth it. i might try and reskin it with the inside of a cap.[/quote]

Heck you can get a 1006 off ebay for $40. You could just use the capsule from that with some luck. It isn't that different from the CAD one I bet.

Kiira

I was thinking it looks more like one in a sampson CL8 microphone

Latest posts

Back