SSL9K parts questions - working BOM

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.0001uf = .1 nf = 100pf

100nf = .1uf = 100000pf (probably never described that way, same with .0001uf)

cool stuff on the caps... i dont have a board on hand to go off of, just the pcb layout in neeno's pdf.... are the 2.2's 10mm and 15mm, or are they both the same spacing on gustav's board???

billy

[quote author="enthalpystudios"]are the 2.2's 10mm and 15mm, or are they both the same spacing on gustav's board???[/quote]
They are 10mm and 15mm on gustav's board as well.

I marked up a schematic and scanned it in during my lunch break today, but silly me forgot to email it to myself here at home, so I won't have access to it until I go back to work on Monday.

[quote author="Flatpicker"][quote author="Milkmansound"]I am not having any luck finding TL051's either...[/quote]
You don't need '51s - the schematic is wrong. "IC31a" is actually a '52 and "U32b" should have been listed as "IC31b" which is the other half of the TL052. In other words, just take the existing schematic and change TL051 to TL052, and "U32b" to "IC31b". [/quote]

Dang and here i set since some time wondering why both of my SSL 9K preamps don't work. Of course i am having 1x TL051 in the spot of the TL052 on each of the boards. :shock: Off to order some TL052 :razz:

Flo

ok, with that confirmation about the caps my BOM is complete - I am going to place my orders and get my build on!

I will keep the BOM on my server indefinitely so other people can use it.

thanks everyone for the help, and I will post more when I get the thing started. :grin:

GAH! Those DRV134PA IC's are nowhere to be found!

looks like they are backordered until the end of october... bummer.

if anyone has some - let me know I only need 4

other than that, I put in my orders - had to fudge around on the resistor values to deal with Mouser's backorders. Also, my choice for .1uf 50V mono caps were backordered, but its easy enough to deal with that.

I have way better luck with Digikey for parts like resistors and caps. Mouser doesn't seem to keep any of that stuff in stock.

By the way, I have a jpg of the marked-up schematic if anyone want's to host it. Not sure when I can get it up on my site, and even then I'm not sure how long it'd stay there.

Here's the schematic with the corrections, at least the way it looks to me. I have also included the mods for dropping the +/-18V for the TL052s, or using the OPA2604s. As always, let me know if I've made any mistakes.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tamron1958/9K_Schematic_Corrections.pdf

Edit: Schematic was updated and notes were added 10/26/06.

[quote author="mrc"]Milkman, Thanks, but I'm not smart enough to find the BOM, where is it?mrc[/quote]

His link was missing a couple of slashes. Here you go.

http://www.milkmansound.com/img/SSL9Kparts.xls

Matt

oops

anyway, hopefully you got it ok

there have been some changes I am going to put the latest version up right now.

starting in october, all of the various backordered parts will be in stock again, but for now you need to do some fudging/scavenging to make this work.

happy building!

[quote author="Flatpicker"]Here's the schematic with the corrections, at least the way it looks to me. I have also included the mods for dropping the +/-18V for the TL052s, or using the OPA2604s. As always, let me know if I've made any mistakes.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tamron1958/9K_Schematic_Corrections.pdf[/quote]

[ discovered via PM that C63 is another 100nf - flatpicker, can you add that to the marked up schematic??? ]

tweaked the BOM a little, so if you downloaded it do it again now.

I have started building though, and my caps fit perfectly - everything is going smoothly so far based off of this BOM.

ssl9k.gif

[quote author="Milkmansound"][ discovered via PM that C63 is another 100nf - flatpicker, can you add that to the marked up schematic??? ][/quote]
What about CX and C85 - are they 100nf also? I may as well put values on them too.

Latest posts

Back