Canford 19 inch enclosures any good?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruairioflaherty

I'm thinking of ordering my 19 rack enclosure for my BA pres from Canford. Has anyone used them? Are they ok? Searched for a long time but could find no thumbs up or down.

The plan is to get a Schaeffer panel done. Any observations on quality/black versus silver/next weeks lottery numbesr appreciated

thanks,
Ruairi

I certainly prefer these to the type that you can get from Maplin and CPC. They are all aluminium so they are easier to drill odd shaped holes. They seem to be more elegantly made.... much nicer finish.

I think that the black ones only have black front and rear panels though.... so they look a bit odd in isolation.

You can also get them from Bryant Broadcast.... where they are slightly cheaper I believe.... and you don't have top wait 2 days before they ship it out !!

Because they are all aluminium they feel "light as a feather" ...

Thanks guys. When you say you can get "them" from bryant and Holt do you mean the exact same enclosures or just 19 inch enclosures in general.

Hi Purusha - well aware of your product and think it's cool. For me a big part of the buzz in this process will be designing a unique front panel with my studio name. I also have slightly bling idea for lighting which could be amazing or could go horribly wrong - only one way to find out - DImyself,

thanks,
Ruairi

[quote author="ruairioflaherty"]
Hi Purusha - well aware of your product and think it's cool. For me a big part of the buzz in this process will be designing a unique front panel with my studio name. I also have slightly bling idea for lighting which could be amazing or could go horribly wrong - only one way to find out - DImyself,

thanks,
Ruairi[/quote]

No problem. I am sure you will make a great design :thumb:

Latest posts

Back