Finished another project (A*P*I content)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infernal_Death

Hi all

I just finished my newest project (well there is a minor error in the phase reverse switch on one channel i still need to figure out).
It's a 2 channel api style preamp. Since the iron for the api arrived some time ago i was able to finish this.
Here are two pics:

ApiFertig1.jpg

ApiFertig2.jpg

For now they are loaded with Melcor 1731. But i think about doing a 2520 for each of them. Or maybe when i get those 990's i try them in the api.

Thanks to Fallout for the iron groupbuy and to Fabio for making the board layout. :thumb:

And here is a small preview of my next project :green: No time to waste ! :wink:

Preview1.jpg

Preview2.jpg

Flo

alo
very nice flo.
which tranny`s did you use?.
how about the sound?.
what`s the next project?.
keep on soldering.
best regards
pedro

Hi

The transformers are from the latest groupbuy. Both are cinemag trafos.
Well i can't comment too much on the sound as i only did some testing to see if they are working. I just played a guitar into the DI input and have to say it's on the colored side. So far i like it but i guess it has to prove itself in a recording.
The next project is a SWR Interstellar Bass preamp. A friend of mine (and bass player of my band) always wanted one of these but right now you can't buy them in europe (as far as i get it). Since i had the schematics laying around i thought i give it a try.We'll see if it's working out.

Flo

Just found the error of the phase switch. There were two tiny shorts. After i disconnected them everything works now.
The only problem i now have is that with all switch functions engaged the 5V regulator is running very hot. I remember reading this in the big api thread but at this point i already had bought the parts. Since i bought very small and not to big power-eating relais i thought i could be fine. Seems like i have to change the regulator to a 12V and all the relais.

Flo

alo flo
....or connect the regutator to the box,or a bigger heatsink.
relays are expensive.
best regards
pedro

alo
btw,api fans;don`t you miss one output pot to control the signal to the recorder?
in my case,the input pot it`s most of the time,at it`s minimum,well,if i don`t use the pad,wich btw ruins much of the sound.
sorry for going off the topic flo.
best regards
pedro

[quote author="louder"]alo
btw,api fans;don`t you miss one output pot to control the signal to the recorder?
in my case,the input pot it`s most of the time,at it`s minimum,well,if i don`t use the pad,wich btw ruins much of the sound.
sorry for going off the topic flo.
best regards
pedro[/quote]

The input pot at low setting ruins the sound?
Audio signal doesn't travel through the input pot, as far as I can tell. Right?

Ah right. I just read your post more closely. I'm always suspicious about pads. I never use them - but then again I never record drums :) Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts

Back