On-Axis microphone response

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

For some reason, I thought that I remembered seeing a post by PRR in which he discussed wave behaviour on the surface of a large diaphragm condensor mic somewhere here. -Try as I might, I can't find it with any searches that I can come up with.

I may of course be remembering it wrongly, but I thought that he explained on-axis HF rise, and -knowing the depth of wisdom in PRR's posts, I thought I should go back revisit and re-read the post/thread. -I often find with his posts that returning a while afterwards will trigger a 'second layer' of understanding. -I can read it once, learn something and move on, but when I re-read it later on, I sometimes glean real "Eureka" moments.

Does anyone remember what the thread might have been, or can anyone confirm that I dreamed this all up...

PRR, if you read this, speaking for myself -and possibly for everyone- I feel I owe you a debt for helping to illustrate, explain and occasionally simplify otherwise blurred matters...not on this subject particularly, rather on many different issues. -Thank you.

Many thanks to everyone,

Keith

go here
http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/TechLibrary/EducationalArticles/index.htm

Thanks Gus,

I'd seen that before, and have some of it saved. However, most of the stuff is below 1kHz... I'm specifically wondering about frequencies where the wavelength approaches the diaphragm diameter, and edge effects, as well as plane effects...

Keith

Latest posts

Back