McCurdy SS7700

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacewig

Anybody have any info regarding this board? I.e. quality; good for mixing; what would be a fair price for a 20 channel board; transformer input,output; class A design, etc ?

I have the possibility of buying one but given the tremendous weight (400+ Lbs) I don't want to end up with a dud.

Muchos gracias in advance for your info, advice, etc.

It's a McCurdy, very well built stuff... the mic preamps are worth somethin'... I'm re-racking some 8801E modules from a SS8824 console... most McCurdy preamps built before the 90's likely will have Hammond or Beyer iron in the audio path... if you can get it for pennies over the dollars it was bought new, then it could be a good score.... post pics please.

[quote author="spacewig"]It has:

19 pres, eqs on the outputs, no comps

Thanks for your time to answer.[/quote]

19 pres !... are you sure about that ?
McCurdy consoles often mostly have line in modules, cause rarely would a radio control booth need 19 channles of mic pres.

Can I get eq input cards for the inputs or would that be a DIY project?[/quote]

McCurdy often had the EQ's on seperate modules, look for then on ebay once in a while.... if you plan on re-racking parts from the console, the mic pres are the place to start.

McCurdy often had the EQ's on seperate modules, look for then on ebay once in a while.... if you plan on re-racking parts from the console, the mic pres are the place to start.[/quote]

[quote author="jetboatguy"][quote author="spacewig"]It has:

19 pres, eqs on the outputs, no comps

Thanks for your time to answer.[/quote]

19 pres !... are you sure about that ?
McCurdy consoles often mostly have line in modules, cause rarely would a radio control booth need 19 channles of mic pres.[/quote]

That makes sense. I will inform myself.

Thanks for you responses. It is mucho appreciado.

Back