Sophisticated Octave Divider

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenGiles

Take a look at this:
EHdeluxeOctave2.gif

The chips marked Eh1048 are CA 3094. Something different for Saturday tea!
Stephen

I am surprised that nobody has commented on this circuit - come on, this supposed to be pro audio! You will know of course that the adaptive filter built around the 2 CA 3094s will give a sinewave output from any input - yes of course you will. I saw this demonstrated on a scope in the first Electro Harmonix Guitar Synthesiser brought into England back in 1980, which includes all circuitry up to the 311. So it's pretty clever stuff really, more so perhaps than you could be persuaded to think!
Stephen

[quote author="StephenGiles"]I am surprised that nobody has commented on this circuit - come on, this supposed to be pro audio![/quote]
Well, IMO, if you want a reply, you should ask a question, no ? ;)

Well, for starters have you ever seen anything like it before? Those guys in ElectroHarmonix back in 1980 came up with some pretty clever stuff, and the new company even use valves.........steady on, that might give them street credibility........I just thought the circuitry may be of interest, but if it's not, well I'll just shrink back into the corner and play Rolf Harris records.
Stephen

[quote author="StephenGiles"]I just thought the circuitry may be of interest, but if it's not, well I'll just shrink back into the corner and play Rolf Harris records.
Stephen[/quote]
Stay among us ! :wink:
Posting schematic is always interesting . I think that if you didn't get any serious replies till now it's because few people here can understand a circuitry just at looking the schematic.

Can you explain how this Octave Divider work ? It can be pretty interesting, even more for newbies in electronic :wink:

[quote author="StephenGiles"]Take a look at this:
EHdeluxeOctave2.gif

The chips marked Eh1048 are CA 3094. Something different for Saturday tea!
Stephen[/quote]
interesting schematics, but improperly drawed.
For understand it you must redraw (as blocks).
on the left cormer is limiter - after it is divider (this is the op amps with diodes). Output of divider can be simply rectangle - if you want triangle, you must integrate it - triangle (must compress again)
and integrate second - you give parabolic - it is your "sine output
in every input". CA3094 is OTA and can compress again.
and output is "síne" in half-fundamental.
This output is multiplied with direct or fuzzed input in left down opas and
fets and outs.
I just have one look at it, it is hell. Rewrite it.
JACKAL

Not bloody likely. This is an Electroharmonix guitar effect circuit drawn on 21 November 1978. It stands as it is - a masterpiece! Sorry - nothing to be changed because it formed the front end of an excellent guitar synthesiser. Don't wish to offend (difficult these days isn't it!) , but I just thought y'all, y'all, y'all might be interested in something different. Hey, what's this? 3 y'alls on a Sunday - I must be in a good mood!!!!!
Stephen

Latest posts

Back