LA2a kits are now available...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scenaria

See the "Black Market" for info.

:guinness:

Bloo003.jpg

Bloo004.jpg

sheesh....

ok 6 left. 4 have been purchased

just wanted to update.

Next run will be in late July early August

WOW! Those are the bluest La2a I have ever see :shock:

And they look very nice. Good Job :!!

What can I sell to be able to afford one?

Hopefully the price wont go up by next round or 2.

so cool. but badluck for me cuz i'm in Thailand. i must plus a lot of TAX when import the stuff to my home so i can't buy.
Now i have a lot of parts like Lundahl Transformer 2 x 1528, 2 x 5402 and 2 x 1538.
i bought it already from Canford and shipping to my freind's home there.
i have been waiting for him back to Thailand in next 2 month
cuz if Canford shipping to my home in Thailand. i must pay a lot of TAX.

So bad for me. :cry:

[quote author="Scenaria"]hmm cant claim it as a product sample?

:)[/quote]
not sure. i must check it first. :?

You did a great job on these. I am glad they are selling like...well, LA2A's.

alrighty... this batch is done...

I promise that there will be more late july/early august.

If anyone wants to save a little. I will accept prepaid pre-orders ($30 discount) this way I wont have to lay out as much upfront as the first batch. Email me if your interested. Otherwiise be on the lookout in about 8 weeks :)

[email protected]

Scen...

I have some interesting switch stuff, -you around this afternoon?

Also, got some metalwork started... and a PCB 'project'...

Did you reply to KidSquid's DC2000 question?

Keef

hey guys....

I owe an appology...

Apparently some folks in here are upset that I am selling these with "profit" in mind.

So this will be my last post in reference to the kits anymore.

Yes, I was selling these for profit. This is something I was upfront about. as a matter of fact I was upfront in regards to the amount of profit. For anyone to pre-order thousands of dollars in product to make these available how could you ask anyone not to make some dollars?

In anycase with respect to the others in this forum I will no longer be offering these in this forum. Nor will I be offering anymore in the future, as I cant afford to risk another upfront investment.

I am always available via email

Sincerely,
Steve

scenaria at bellsouth dot net

I don't get it. Is The Lab a non-profit organization?

If you go to the trouble of sourcing all the parts, and all the trouble of doing the layout and getting the chassis made, why is it not okay for you to make something for the time you've invested?

Granted, if the only thing you ever did on the forum was advertise a product you've created, and were not contributing to the group other than that, ya, it might rub me the wrong way, but it in this case it didn't, it just seemed like an opportunity to get a big jumpstart on the LA2A.

but that's just my opinion, I guess. :?: :?:

regards

ju

You know, the one thing that always immensely bothered me about the mentality at tech talk was that somehow you were the fucking devil himself if god forbid you made some kind of profit on these things. Without trying to incite a nasty argument, can any of you guys on that side of the coin please explain how someone offering an item that is CLEARLY geared towards the people of this community and making a profit somehow has a negative impact on the community?

I think it absolutely SUCKS that people here, who make kits available for people like us, specifically us to build are discouraged to do so.

Think for a moment about the business plan here. Say a project like this costs $10K in capital. Thats ten thousand dollars that isnt in your bank earning interest, its out there in the form of transformers and chasis and paint sitting on a shelf, collecting dust. This is significant risk. So, factor in the sizable capital it takes to start a venture and THEN add the enormous amount of time something like this takes to pull together and every single last one of us here knows how much time it takes to pull a project together. So consider the capital you have earning no interest and then whatever your time is worth to put the whole thing together and then, the cherry that you add on top is that you go through all that work and you dont even break even, let alone make a profit.

If I approached you and asked you to invest $10K into a venture and explained to you that in addition to your investment, I needed to you sit in a white room for 80 hours doing nothing and that in return not only wouldnt I guarantee that you would see one cent of your money in return, but I would also guarantee that you wouldnt ever make a profit. Im sorry, this is insane and there isnt anyone here that would agree to that. Why is it so terrible for someone taking SUCH a risk to be crucified for offering the kits to us?

I really think this stinks.

There is one line to draw however, which I think is pretty important. we all know scenaria. He's active on the forum and he's a big contributor. there is a world of difference between scenaria offering us a kit vs. some dealer who never ever posts on the group coming here to sell crap. If we were being flooded with offers to buy all kinds of junk from random people, I could understand the attitude, but not for a friend of the forum.

I dont know, I think its totally fucked to discourage people from putting things together to make our lives easier. And Im probably not even buying one of the kits, I dont have 3 rack spaces free, I need to fit an LA2A in two spaces, so I need to do a custom chasis, different conversation. ITs just the principle of people discouraging any kind of profit which is really confusing to me, very few are going to go through the trouble of doing things right for us if we string them up for not doing things for us at cost, its a big financial investment to do something like this. I would hate to see people stop offering high quality PCB's for us as a result of this attitude, its beyond amazing that we have guys like gyraf who are able to contribute SO MUCH design time to this group, I mean, thats really incredible and we are very lucky, but I think its highly unrealistic to hold everyone to that kind of ethic, some people plain and simple can not afford to. I think if its good for the direction of the group, offers like this IMO should be encouraged. I dont see how steve's la2a kit is harmful to the group. Advertisements from dealers are of course another thing all together. I dont want to see this place become a sea of advertising, but in recent memory, everyone enjoyed drew's levellock kit, the JLM kit is in high regard, whats the problem with scenaria's LA2A kit? It costs too much? please... Beyond that, if its posted in the black market section then doubly whats the problem? IT was nice to see scenaria post pictures in the main forum only because he's been working on this as we all know for months and updating the group every step of the way. Now that he's done all this work, now people have a problem? I just dont get it.

Thats my opinion, Im not asking anyone to agree with it, it just feels especially pertinent to vent this right now.

dave

This was NOT an administrative decision.
Complaints were made by members of the forum, and I passed that sentiment on to scenaria.

Things like this are an issue the GROUP has to decide on, then the consensus will be enforced.

Thanks for the clarification Ethan ( is that Ethan behind that Admin name =) ).

I didn't mean to direct it at you when I said "The Lab", if it came off that way. I was trying to say more "the collective group".

Regards

ju

I'd like to chip in my 25 cents... (That's 2 cents adjusted for inflation.)

I have zero issue with some folks making a profit from their hard work if the result of that work is to the benefit of the mission of Group DIY. I say this qualifies, as does Fred Forsell organizing a group buy of those used 992s. (Now THAT'S one I wish I could've been in on.)

Someone doing nothing but selling is another story, but Scenaria (and Fred for that matter) are both valuable members of this community, and have contributed far more than just materials and kits.

I have no problem with kits being offered her especially from a regular. In fact I would like to see more. Doing from scratch some of these projects scares the hell out of me, but I can skillfully wield a soldering iron.

Maybe just keep it in the Black Market section.

Back