Steve Bench's Harmonic Distortion Calculations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electronaut

I was playing around on Steve Bench's website last night, much to my amusement. This morning I woke up and made a spreadsheet to work out the values of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th harmonic distortion for a single-ended tube stage using the method he describes on the page entitled "Of Loadlines, Power Output and Distortion". You still have to work out some values from the loadline, but the distortion is calculated for you.

Here it is if anyone wants to play around with it.

Enjoy!

Hey NYD,

Arrrgh. I've been around, lurking a bit, but my damned job is consuming all my play time.:mad:

The IP-32 is happy and well, but it has some new, serious competition!

IMG_0707.jpg

These two identical supplies are custom units which were built by the Princeton Physics Department. I got them from my neighbor, a Princeton alumni.

They're insane, all-tube, adjustable, regulated supplies capable of 150 mA at 660 VDC! Yikes! Plus they have two adjustable bias supplies, and plenty of 6.3 VAC.

The coolest part is the fuse holders, which light up when the fuse blows! :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Back