Need help to repair a Rode NT1

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammond

I used this mic on guitar amps for a "Stones like sound" then it was unused for 6 months and when i put it back to work it had this problem:
The mic itself works but if for example i just speak a bit louder into the mic there is a low frequency "bump" and then no more sound, after about 5 to 10 seconds the mic works again.
Any idea on what's going wrong? i don't have schematic for this mic.
I also don't have electronic knowledge, i'm halfway building my first GSSL and that's all.

thanks in avance

Do you use a pop screen?

It might be a capsule moisture problem and maybe the capsule needs to be cleaned.

i had used this mic most on instruments than vocals, hower what's the best way to clean the capsule?

http://www.josephson.com/clean.txt

Lots of infromation in the metas The dark blue link at the top of the page.

Most condensor mics do the same thing if you make a really loud plosive right on the capsule so I doubt its broken. However if it really turns out to be, send it back to rode in sydney and theyll repair it for free and return it to you.

M@

[quote author="mattmoogus"]Most condensor mics do the same thing if you make a really loud plosive right on the capsule so I doubt its broken. However if it really turns out to be, send it back to rode in sydney and theyll repair it for free and return it to you.

M@[/quote]
For my mic even a whisper is too mutch, it never behaved this way

As has been said: could be a moisture problem. Put it under a desk lamp for some hours. The heat from the light bulb should be enough to dry the moisture. If that doesn't cure it, take it to the dealer you bought it from or contact your local distributor. Rode has excellent service and make sure their international distributors provide equally good service.

I have this problem with switchcraft XLRs, the silver on the contacts corrodes and it gives intermittant work.

try cleaning the XLR pins and see if that helps..

Latest posts

Back