silk screen instead of metal mesh on mic?(updated!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update:

tried a few different meshes and the winner is the manufacturer's windscreen. this tames the harshness and extended high end to an acceptable level. I assume (coincidence or planning on the designer's part??) that the mic was designed to be used with it's windscreen therefor was designed to be a little bright to overcome the screen's damping effects?

still waiting on the styrene caps to get here though. more info as it comes..

Hi Svart I found that using the B1 with its supplied windscreen came up with a much better sound too.

hey Salty, I'm actually pleased with my SP B1's (not to be confused with the behringer B1) now. I can't wait for my styrene caps to show up so i can test them now. If they do indeed give the mics what others say they do then I will be one happy camper.

[quote author="Svart"]ok styrene caps are in and all i can say is i'm buying more! more distinguished sound for sure, much better clarity.[/quote]Let this be a lesson: Never doubt the great and mighty Gus! :green:

Hi Svart,

Did you replace all the caps with styrene equivalents?

Did you change any values?

Did you use low ESR capacitors?

I'm keen to mod one of my B1s for the heck of it.

cheers,

Salty

hi salty,

changed just the couplers between the capsule and the circuit. the value is now 1000pf.

I don't know if polystyrene is high or low esr, I assume low.

I also like .1uf panasonic polypropylenes here too!

good luck!

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back