Are 40V Wimas OK for PultecEQP1?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syn

Are 40V Wimas OK for Pultec EQP1 in terms of V? I read through the threads and found CJ's recomandation to use 150V poly caps for passive eqs.There are no values for the V on the Gyraf's parts list.Confused...
I'm going for the solid state version...
Thank you

Hi Syn

If this helps ease your angst any, I just spent time "improving" an SSM2017 pre. I swapped cheap old electros for expensive ones, bypassed other electros with polyprop, pulled out a few Wimas and put in Sprague Orange drops, put silver mica in there in place of ceramic ......... there were a few more mods. I'll post them here when I'm ready.

So far the benefits have been negligible to my ears. My comment about "use the most expensive, it'll make you feel better" was actually mocking myself, although you couldn't know that.

My aim was self education, so it's been time and money well spent. But next time I'll buy a really good mic cable and get a decent singer. :green:

Since there is no clear answer in this thread, I will ask again.

Which voltage rating should I use for the filter stage in my g pultec build?
I guess 40V WIMAs should be fine since there aren't high voltages ocurring outside the gain stage.

Majestic12 said:
Since there is no clear answer in this thread, I will ask again.

Which voltage rating should I use for the filter stage in my g pultec build?
I guess 40V WIMAs should be fine since there aren't high voltages ocurring outside the gain stage.

Hi,
your wima 40v in ok for the filter stage, no high voltages in this stage.
i used the same caps in my gPultec filter and they works nice;

i don't know if that can help, so here is the bom for the cayocosta P2P version

http://www.recproaudio.com/diy_pro_audio/diy_files/eqp_1a/eqp1a_parts_list.xls

Cheers

Cyril

40V WIMAs should be fine. They will take 40V of signal of either polarity i.e 80V peak to peak which is 28V rms or +31dBu.

Cheers

Ian

It seems as I can only get my hands on 63 and 100V rating WIMAs. Should be fine for this project.
Thanks to everybody for the responses.

Latest posts

Back