API560 graphic slide pots - what brand?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomWaterman

Hi guys - does anyone know what brand the API560 graphic sliders are? I can't find many mini-throw slide pots, Alps being the the only ones I can find with throws shorter than 45mm.

Also, in general do the 560s or Trident A-ranges run into trouble with scratchy sliders commonly? Is it silly in modern design to not use a sealed pot instead of open track slider?

My brain says pots are better but the sliders look so cool.

Cheers Tom

graphic hiFi eq's are pretty cheap used, or free at your local landfill, you could probably pull a bunch out of those. Just get a look inside or a schemo first to check the values.

Are you repairing or DIY'ing?

hejsan

Looking for new, with possibility to buy in quantity...thinking about using them for DIY but something else entirely - no clones. I quite like the look of the ones in the Moog pedals:

MF-105_Right(100dpi).jpg

Just wondering if its a better idea to use a sealed rotary pot. I dont see many people whinging about 560s going bad...although I have heard stories about the A-range and their scratchy sliders.

I have only found Alps and CTS with pots that throw <30mm. Ideally I'd love to know what brands Moog or API use.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers Tom

Back