par-metal back panel w/ front panel express cutouts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipmanv

Anyone ever tried sending the flanged back panel of a Par-metal 10 series(black) to Front Panel Express to have it punched and engraved? I callled Front Panel Express and asked them about this and they said they can do it. The gist I got was that you have make the cut outs drawn on the back side since the front side has to face down due to the flanges. The only gamble with this is the risk of getting scratches on the visible side because it contacts the base of the CNC milling machine.
The anodized Par-metal front panels come out really sweet with Front Panel Express, but the rear side of it will always has a scratch or two. I wonder if the paint on the back panel Par-metal would hold up. Anyone ever try this? How about engraving? Engraving might make the surrounding paint crack or chip. I've had par-metal punch out back panels before, but there is a set up fee and in very small quantities Front Panel Exp. may be more economical and easy with engraving to boot.

[quote author="chipmanv"]I've had par-metal punch out back panels before, but there is a set up fee and in very small quantities Front Panel Exp. may be more economical and easy with engraving to boot.[/quote]

Don't have an answer for you but I'm interested in any insight on this too for similar circumstances.
So...Bump.

Back