frontpanel blues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochey

White Market Member
heya guys (n girls...)

i'm having some dilemma's with doing some frontpanel design. I want to use Lazertran on a 19" unit and a separate controller. So... some of the easiest software I have found to lay out the holes etc is the Schaeffer software, along with that great little german Java program that does teh scales.

What really annoys me though, it that i can't add my own fonts for the lettering, or any cool gfx. I really liked Twin-X's synth panel, and want to do something similar.

Is there a nice peice of software that is usable?

I've looked at FrontDesigner 2.0 -- but an email from the company tells me that i can't just buy a key to open the demo, and they don't accept credit cards or paypal... personally I think that's fecking stupid... but what can you do eh? In other words, I'd have to do an international bank transfer and then wait another few weeks before the software is delivered...

Oh well.. rant over... anyone found a good solution doing graphically intense panels?

Cheers

R

It's very easy.

Print your fpd to a pdf printer (there are freeware pdf creators out there)
Now import the pdf into illustr@tor and way you go.

I downloaded Xara X1 (demo) last night to try that out. It's quite good :)

You can copy and paste directly from the schaeffer software into Xara (once you know where your buttons etc will go)
Then add graphics in Xara.

Only problem is, Xara runs out in another 14 days... gotta work quickly :)

Cheers

R

http://www.xara.com

BTW - "thestudio" - the link you sent was frontdesigner 2.0 -- i've already tried purchasing the software... as i said, they don't accept cards in any form (not even paypal) and you have to wait for them to send you a proper cd (meaning, no key to open the software etc). Thanks for trying though :)

Back