The official G9 help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HV scares people :shock:

Hah hah! I actaully am working on one, slowly, only cause I can't afford all the parts at once ;-) I'm sure in time the questions will come.

Cheers

Matt

i have all the resistors stuffed ;]

and diodes.

pcb sockets on mine wont fit. and i need to reorder all the solen's i ordered from AES, because ups shipped my order back to them without telling me. lost out on the cheap 12av7's too!

i got pcb sockets from apexjr for a really great price.... they may actually fit at some point, its only the center post thats having a tough time fitting. i have drills for things like that

billy

..the center post on tube sockets can usually be cut off - just don't cut too close to the joint, as this sometimes also holds the socket together..

Jakob E.

oh cool i'll try that out tomorrow.

right now its 5:33 am and i just spent an hour finding a prob on my (OT) gssl board... the 100r output (load balancing?) resistors at the very very output had a solder bridge. and that doesnt work well

thanks again jakob

well, I will try to get my chest wet. Having a few close to complete stuffed G9-boards lying around, this thread will be of use when I try to get them working...

Hi!
I-m happy to see this. Another very helpful thing would be adding BOM for Americans and Europeans, because they are all around the forum and are difficult to find. So post them please.
Miha

I think I found what I needed in the META, isn't it there? This thread is about debugging/roundup of the G9

Howdy all. This is my second diy build and my largest to date, I want to thank all the people here for being so nice and guiding me into the uncharted waters of the g9. I hope you all won't mind answering some boneheaded questions over the next few weeks as I try to build this up to a working pre. I'll post pictures of my progress outside of this meta once i feel I have something worth showing off. :)

And an extra thank you to Jacob for releasing this pre's design into the public domain!

Cheers,
Don

I've got your PM Analogical, I remember I was looking for that myself but since my pcb's are already stuffed since over a year now I don't recall where it sits. Jakob? on the schematic its in between T1 collector and R40/D12

no Jakob, na apologies necessary...
sorry and :oops: to me, now I remember that it's this what you told me last year... :oops:

Hi there,
I am collecting parts for my G9. Is that Toroidal Transformers are must for G9? or can i use normal PSU transformers?
Regards
Dinesh

Back