The official G9 help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent job!! Congrats!! What kinda caps are the blue ones?

Off topic but... Mike the kick is an Eisen 512 clone to a Drip La2a. The real mix has a sidechain on the bass compressor to bring it out better. Obviously the entire drum kit went thru the G9 in the overheads. And the band agreed to use NO samples so that's what they sound like... Bunch of great guys too. They recorded 14 song in total but can't upload a final mix. For obvious reasons.

John

hello, do someone have a solution to ad a second output on a g9?

completly separated, to be able to use the 2 output at the same time (1 for recording 1 for monitoring)

thank you very mutch for you help

maybe i will loose a bit in quality no??

i will go to a A/D converter and to a old Dynamix Mixer

Why do you think that ? A wire has no sound, no distorsion, so you don't loose quality
i will go to a A/D converter and to a old Dynamix Mixer
So you will connect G9 output to 2 high impedance inputs, so no loss of bass either, try the Y cable :)

with an explanation it's credible  ;) then i'll try

thank you very mutch

but if someone one day have an electronic solution (transformer or op amp) it can be good

tomorow i'll record by this way

thank you

gregcs1 said:
I have another question about Input selection switch.

lorlin.jpg

so:

When switch is in it's first position I have connection between A and 1, and C and 7

When switch is in second position there is connection between A and 2, and C and 8

And finally with switch in it's third position I have connections between A and 3, and C and 9.

Is that ok?

I understand first and third position, when there is connection, but I don't see the point in second position where no connection is made. (maybe thats just the way it is  :grin:  :?:

I think I see this as a problem too.  Using a 2x6 lorlin, you don't get the right combination of switching. 

Pos. A-1 / C-7 = phantom engaged, line pad out of circuit
Pos. A-2 / C-8 = phantom off, line pad out of circuit
Pos. A-3 / C-9 = phantom off, line pad relay engaged.
A 2*6 lorlin does the same, just place the end-stop-washer to pos.3.

Hi,

I have a couple of OEP A262A1E transformers. Can I use these as Input Transformers in G9 Mic preamp, If I use these in reverse?

I'm using Purusha's G9 case and it has no place for a Mains switch on the front panel. I would like to find a decent illuminated push button switch that would work well on that panel. Does anyone have any ideas? And what would be the specs for this kind of switch to work with the G9?

I suppose I could just use an IEC power connector with a switch in it on the back, and then just put a light on the front panel. But switching the power on from the rear would be kind of lame.

Matt

I try to switch all the power on the back with an IEC. Some things I don't have that option on. But If I can that's what I do. You can probably get away with running mains to the front panel. I just don't do it on purpose. I don't like to experiment alot on stuff like that. I like it to work and sound good.

My racks are powered by surge protectors. When I turn them on each rack lights up. Don't use the power buttons much on individual rack gear.

John

Hi guys,
I' soon ready to fire up my first G9 with a microphone, but I've got a problem:
The 245V is 296V over C15 and 289V over c14. I've checked all the components and tried to different TL783s'. Only one thing that I haven't tried: At one drawing D2 is a 1N4004, but in another drawing D2 is 1N4007. I use a 1N4007, could this course the high voltage?

thanks
Jens

I have changed R35 and R36 and the voltage is now finaly at 245V :D
I've tried the G9 on a mixer and it did hum alot with no gain or output, just like a guitar amp with a cable with no guitar :(. So I tried switch the gain switch, when it arrives at pos. 3 the G9 generates a sinus around 15kHz I guess, haven't checked with the scope.
ps both channels!  ???

thanks

I'm a little confused about the grounding scheme used on the G9 and want to make sure I have it right.

The way I understand it is that I need to have it connected to the chassis in one place, the input of channel 1 and that I should bridge pin 1 on the channel one input XLR to the little solder tab on the same XLR and that creates a chassis ground point. And then I also wire the Mains ground on the IEC to this point also. And because I'm visual I made this little diagram.
g9_grounding.gif

Does this look right? Jakob?

Matt

Latest posts

Back