help identifying parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

O.k. looking at an unpotted "hubread IC" from a sony console board.

I recognice the opamps 1 5532 and 1 5534. But I don't recognize the part I circlled. Is that a metal film cap?

SonyIC.jpg

Either you've forgotten to include the image or you're using Photobucket or Flickr, both of which are blocked at my job (along with MySpace and a bunch of other sites :sad:).

Almost certainly a 100nF ceramic capacitor for power rail decoupling. The connection to pin 4 is clearer on its mate to the right on your photo.

put an ohm meter on it.
if your lucky, the in circuit will show infinity.
the ohmmeter uses dc to check ohms, and a cap will block dc, so you get infinite ohms.
if not, you might have to pull it to get it to read infinity (which means cap)
otherwise, you will most likely get a resistance , like 1 k or something.

right right Cj. these happen to be normally potted in epoxy why? to charge a fucking 150.00+ US for a replacement.. thats if you can get a replacement anymore. :mad: 150.00+ :mad: thinking it might be easy to just remake them... :cool:

yeah, and the new ones probably do not have that cool Siemens vintage 5532/4 going on either.

Looks like an easy fix, call Keef up for a service call.
No wait, I think he is getting sick of the road.
Average field service tech at Varian lasted three years.
My brother lasted 20, must have hated the wife. :grin:

lets not talk about wives. Mine likes to talk while having sex. Everytime she does, she calls me. :green: no respect at all. Call keef on a service call? nice idea but I know one of the designers of said console in question so got a direct connection. plus keef hates these consoles. :wink:
cheers

Back