CHECK THIS ACTION!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Here is a mic pre.
It is a very cool mic pre!

redd47_1.jpg

Here are the innerds:
redd47_2.jpg

z
z
t
o
p

redd47_3.jpg

Is that cool or what!

Not mine. Belongs to:

I just got the pre a couple of weeks ago. I record at home and it's primarily guitar - acoustic and electric stuff - so I can't vouch for anything other than that. But it sounds really nice to me. I'll try to put together some sound files if anyone's interested.

By the way, I don't want to come off like a troll with the post - I thought it would be cool for the new forum to have some pics of new gear.

Ron

thats a cool idea...

a dedicated forum just for gear pix :)

definately could dig hearing the pre.. I know JH has been talking about em alot!

SCHEM???

I have a redd mic pre schem but I´m sure it has errors and it´s really not the exactly same thing I see in here, for sure!

The only schematic I'm aware of is the one from the synthpunk site. I have a copy if anyone needs it. Rafa, it's probably the one you already have. Regarding the technical info - you should ask John, or "Winston."

Yes, soundclips please :D And is it possible to track this working machine and fix the errors in schemo?

I´ve heard that the errors are the E88CC anode resistor (should be 8.2k instead of 82k) and that the cathode should be tied directly to ground (without the 200r resistor). That´s just what I´ve heard. Cannot confirm this myself, but at least the first statement sounds reasonable...

Also, the gain swicth arrangement looks different than the schem.

It would be nice if you can track this version.

Back