best balanced tube output and tube input schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

versuviusx

hi
i'm looking to find the best schematics for balanced in and balanced out using tube topology. if anyone has any schematics to share...i'd love to check them out.

Say please
icon_evil.gif
icon_wink.gif

Can one of the members here...please point him to said schemos?

analag

Describe want you're looking for....transformer or transformerless balancing, single ended or differential, line level or small signal. What is the intended purpose of this thing.

analag

For some good examples of interfacing-to-tubes - of varying complexity, take a look at:

K&H ue-100

Telefunken V76

G9

Search for schematics in this forum.

Jakob E.

i need to have a tube front end to have differential/transformerles
input. i'm looking for the best circuit or design. i'll take a look at anything. i think 3 or 4 really good schematics would be great for me. please let me know

[quote author="gyraf"]..transformerless+tube does not make sense..

Jakob E.[/quote]
What do you mean, by that. I don't understand.

analag

[quote author="versuviusx"]i need to have a tube front end to have differential/transformerles
input. i'm looking for the best circuit or design. i'll take a look at anything. i think 3 or 4 really good schematics would be great for me. please let me know[/quote]

There is no best circuit, and for a given task a bunch of different topology will work just fine. If a pre-amp or whatever had the best circuit why do we have so many different types, all claiming to be the best. So you need to get realistic, buddy and rephrase the question while you're at it.

What are you going to plug into this thing. A line level input is setup to handle higher signal levels (among other things) than a mic level input.

So just running up and saying....I need the BEST balanced in/out tube circuit is kind of a generalized type request?
I hope someone will point you to the best circuit...when you find it let me know, I want to build one too. It has got to sound supremely awesome.

analag

Check the meta-meta at the top of the page ..... you may even dribble more in your sleep..... :green:

[quote author="gyraf"]..transformerless+tube does not make sense..

Jakob E.[/quote]

That's not an objective statement at all, it would have been better if Jakob said it is his preference to make them with transformers. You have the sound of tubes and transformers and the sound of tube by itself. Clearly two different sounds. In any app where I can bypass the transformer in a tube piece I do so without hesitation. Faster cleaner, more articulate sound. Period.

analag

well i just looking for some really well thought out circuit designs that would be great for transformerless differential input via tube topology. you could also use opamps and transistors. but i jus thought it would be cool to use tubes.

I have a few of those, including a fully balanced differential transformerless tube microphone pre which is gorgeous. I have an MP3 of it doing vocals in the"MP3 Day" thread in the brewery. Unfortunately most of the tube gurus here don't see tubes without transformers.

Gentlemen of the forum should I generate a schemo for the man?

I would have done so already if he had told me what he wanted it to do, thus optimization would have been easy. You won't find too many classic tube circuits without transformers, so we have to go the more controversial route, analag's world?

analag

You really gotta be more specific. Do you really know what you want, or do you just know you want something with tubes in it? Mic or line? Input and output impedances required? Gain and output level required? Your request is way too vague, so far.

Tube amplifiers, balanced or unbalanced, can be done with transformers or without. It really depends on your requirements.

Look at the Metas and do some searches. Much has been posted here... Some people who've written very detailed posts in the past may not feel like doing it all over again, or doing the work of sorting through the info for you. But if you're more specific about your requirements, at least that'll make it easier for anyone who's trying to point you in the right direction.

Gentlemen of the forum should I generate a schemo for the man?

really, with all the controversial answers you get, I always do like to see a new schem from you, Rowan, and I´m sure others feel the same. So... Just post it!

OT I know but..............

I have a few of those, including a fully balanced differential transformerless tube microphone pre which is gorgeous.

I understand if you don't or won't show it though.... :sad:

Back