DIY DUAL GERMANIUM MIC PRE-EQ BASED ON NEVE EARLY DESIGNS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested in 1 pair as well, depending on price & how big shipping might turn out.

Just wondering, any additional info on those Gardners ? That's type 7529, correct ? Do you know what the ratio/impedances etc are ?

Peter

Right now I'm too lazy to get the BA283-stuff out, but unless there'll be popping up dedicated PCBs, a casual glance at the various topologies in that big pdf suggests that the 'existing' N*ve PCBs might be Frankensteined to realize these Ge-channels, not ?
(Yes, that was one sentence :wink: )

[quote author="Wonderlandaudio"]Can tell you for sure, but I think they´re 1:4. 7524 works as well, and anothers.[/quote]
Thanks. These are dual prim and single sec, right ?
Just guessing, so these might be wired either as a 1:4 (both prim in //) or 1:2 (both prim in series) ?

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="Wonderlandaudio"]Only please send me a pm all of you wanting gardners[/quote]
Hi,

Could you please indicate a price for those TXs ?

Thanks,

Peter

Thanks to silent arts for posting all the pictures of the Neve germanium, including Gardners.
Go to: http://groupdiy.silentarts.net/wonderlandaudio/1055eqside.jpg

and substitute 1055.jpg for the rest, which are:
1055front
1055inductor
1253-1
1253-2
B100compside
B100solderside
B104compside
B104solderside
B105compside
B105solderside
BlackMarconis
Gardners7524
Gardners7524-2
MainModule
OC36in1253

Enjoy it

Ok!!! At this point all of you that asked for gardners, you have them. I´m not sure how many ( if any ) more I have. And forgot to count myself....

I can´t believe that someone broke this desk down for parts and modules.
Considering how rare these early desks are they must be worth more complete than the parts alone.
I hope it was not done yesterday!

Dennis

Back