Schematics or pin-out for Audix MXT 1200 console strip?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snwight

I have a pair of late-80's era Audix I/O strips which I'd like to rack up.

Unfortunately I've had no luck so far finding even the pin-out mapping for the 50-pin ribbon cable-type bus connector sprouting from the middle of the circuit boards, let alone a schematic for the beasts. In other words: I don't actually know where to put the juice in! I can figure out the ins and outs, but I'd prefer not to play guessing games with the power supply (the seller believes they use a +-24 vdc supply, which seems plausible).

I just completed racking a pair of older discrete Audix MXT 1007 (4-group) modules, which have made me very happy - but those are a whole different animal from these later fellas, which are populated with 5534/2 opamps and, most inconveniently, have the P&G faders attached in a monolithic assembly with the rest of the EQ/preamp/routing circuit board. But! I still want to listen to them, darn it!

I'm using a JLM power supply I just bought for this project, incidentally. God bless Joe Malone :grin:

Thanks for any help on this.
-steve

ok, I have both the pin out and full Mxt 1200 console schematics in paper form, let me know if you still need these and I'll borrow a scanner and get busy:)

Also there's 5 different Mic/Line input strips all based on a generic motherboard: 1206, 1207, 1210 and 1210L, check above the line input XLR, the model number should be on a sticker.

It's not +-24 it's in fact +24 and +15 (logic)

Sintech, do you still have the MXT 1200 schematics, possibly as a PDF now? I haven't had much luck finding any sort of audix schematics for the later MXT series. Thanks.

I've got a big thick ringbinder full of drawings for the MXT 1200 console in all it's forms, alone it had five different mono input channel strips all based on a generic mother board. What console do you have?

I've not scanned these yet, as I have to borrow one :oops: They are the big foldout blueprint type.. that doesn't help matters on an A4 scanner :?

I have an MXT 500 console, but I'm pretty sure that the mono input channel strips are very similar topology to the MXT 1200 channel strips. The preamp seems to be built around the 5534 and 5532 ICs. On the modules it says D247 for the channel strip model, is there anything like that on the MXT 1200? Also, It would be nice if I knew what the pinout of the ribbon connectors was. Any help would be much appreciated.

My modules are marked 1206, I'd love to see a pic of the MTX500 module. I'm going to take some pics here of the console and channels and also hi-res digital pics of the large drawings as I figure this might be the best way to capture them.

if you PM me with the email address that you want me to send them to, I'll snap some shots of the MXT 500 modules and email them.

Hi Guys,

I can see that this post has died a few years ago...

I have an MXT 1200 console which Im desperately looking for the Schematics for.  it came without a power supply and im trying to understand the pin configuration at the rear of the power in connector. so that I can change if needed.
Any help would be great...

Cheers

Hi Mindbiscuit

Audix are still very much in business and have provided long term support for their products (some bradcasters in the UK have kept Audix kit in use for far longer than competitive products)

Address:Station Road, Wenden, Saffron Walden, Essex. CB11 4LG, UK
Telephone:+44 (0) 1799 542220
Facsimile:+44 (0) 1799 541248

[/t][/t][/t]

Regards
Tim

I got in touch with them a while ago getting some schematics, they were very prompt sorting them out

Hi Guys.

I got in touch with Audix recently regarding the Schematics and they are still trying to locate them...
So im unsure if they going to turn up. They have been very helpful though. If anybody does have any or even Hi-Rez photos I would be very grateful.
Thanks guys

Hi sintech  and everybody !!
I would like to know if you can sell me or give me a copy of the audix mxt 1200 manual pinout and schematic please let me know, I am tired looking for and is a big surpice know who someone have the material thanks in advance.

hecero

sorry my english I ry to do my best

Hey hecero, here's the info, you just need +24 volts when racking.

Copy and pasted from another forum:

The Pinouts for the MXT 1200 should be applied as follows. The 0V (Ground) pins are particularly prone to being mixed up when racking these channels. Use this UpDated Pinout Information and unless there is an on board problem your Audix MXT 1200 channels should come up Working Properly!
Hope this Info is of Help to anyone racking the Audix MXT 1200 Channels
Outputs will be TS or RCA UnBalanced

1: 0VR - Not Used (tied to Pins 2 and 4)
2: 0VR - Not Used
3: 0VS - (-)Vcc 0n 5532s & 5534 via 22Ohm resistor
4: 0VR - Not Used (Do Not Tie to pins 15, 16 &18)
5: 0VL - Logic Control Circuit Ground = Not Used when racking (PFL Pwr)
6: +15VDC - Logic Control Circuit Power = Not Used when racking
7: Not Used
8: Not Used
9: CHS = Chassis Cabinet Ground
10: +24 VDC (+)Vcc on 5532s & 5534 via 22Ohm Resistor
11: Mic Live D.C. Cue 2 = Not used when racking
12: Mic Live D.C. Cue 1 = Not Used when racking
13: PFL Mute = Not Used when Racking
14: PFL "ON" = Not Used When Racking
15: 0VR Fader Ground Tied to Pins 16 & 18 To UnBalanced Audio Output Grounds On Groups
16: 0VR Fader Ground (Don't Connect to Pins 1,2 &4)
17: +48VDC Phantom Power
18: 0VR Fader Ground
19: Aux Output 1
20: 0VM = Not Used when Racking
21: Aux Output 2
22: 0VM = Not Used
23: Aux Output 3
24: 0VM = Not Used
25: Aux Output 4
26: 0VM = Not Used
27: Not Used
28: 0VM = Not Used
29: Not Used
30: 0VM = Not Used
31: PFL A Output = Not Used When Racking
32: 0VM = Not Used
33: PFL B Output = Not Used When Racking
34: 0VM = Not Used
35: Group Output 1 (+ Unbalanced Out used with Pin 15 Ground on TS)
36: 0VM = Not Used
37: Group Output 2 (+ Unbalance Out w/ pin 15 Ground on TS or RCA)
38: 0VM = Not Used
39: Group Output 3 (+ Unbalanced Out ****)
40: 0VM = Not Used
41: Group Output 4 (+ Unbalanced Out ****)
42: 0VM = Not Used
43: Group Output 5
44: 0VM = Not Used
45: Group Output 6
46: 0VM = Not Used
47: Group Output 7
48: 0VM = Not Used
49: Group Output 8
50: 0VM = Not Used

HI !!! SINTECH  ;D

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP THANKS A LOT, IN ANOTHER HAND I WILL GOING TO STRIP MY AUDIX MXT 1200 BUT I HAVE TO CUT THE MAIN BOARD IN ORDER TO LEAVE INDIVIDUALS PREAMPS, DO YOU HAVE THE DIAGRAM OR THE CIRCUIT BOARD LAYOUT ?.

AGAIN THANKS A LOT

HECTOR

This is the best at hand, I may have it more Hi-res on a hard drive back up. I passed all the drawings on when the console went.

IMG_2827.jpg

SINTECH !!!!

THANKS A LOT YOUR THE MAN !!! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, TODAY I HAVE 16 INDIVIDUALS PREAMPS AND SOUND VERY VERY GOOD.

I WILL GOING TO KEEP 6 AND SOME FRIENDS ARE INTERESTING TO BUY SOMEONE, I DONT KNOW THE PRICE DO YOU HAVE SOME IDEA IN HOW MUCH I CAN SELL ANY ONE ? WELL I TRY TO LOOK IN THE WEB.

AGAIN SINTECH YOU ARE THE BEST.

REGARDS
HECTOR  ;D

Back