Digidesign 002 Rack vs. Digi 002 non-rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lalalala

Considering digidesign 002 + Pro Tools LE 6.4 for windows based system. The difference in price between Digidesign 002 Rack vs. Digi 002 non-rack is considerable--about 1200 for rack vs. about 2600 for non rack.

I'm new to this. What would be the advantages of one over the other? Thanks.

002 non rack have Fader, Knob control and it can use to write automation for control like plugin effect, volume, pan, etc... Do you want to use this option?
But for me i think if i don't want to use Protool i won't use Digidesign on PC.

I have a 002 rack, and I like it so far. For me it was a far better value than the mbox or the non rack version (you can always purchase a control surface seperately later if you would prefer, for instance tascam has a control surface for $1200 that also gives you 8 more pre amps via adat, or didigesion now has a control surface for $1200 I think that give you basically the same controller as is on the non rack 002. I personally like being able to grab my rack and having everything I need). Hope this helps some. Nathan

not sure but check into their new command 8

if it works with Protools LE then this would give you growth

go for the Digi002 Rack... and later when you can afford it add in the command 8 which is essentially the digi002 control surface

The 002R just doesn't have the control surface. If you're using ProTools, then everything else is pretty much the same. My understanding is that they use the exact same converters, exact same mic pres, and exact same software. Only difference is that you get no motorized control surface one the 002R.

You can also get a D24 core card and a DSP farm for just a little more money as an 002R, and then you get the power of TDM, and it's fully expandable. If you can afford a regular 002, then you can afford a full blown D24 system...which is a much better deal in my opinion.

Back