24V Reg. shutdown Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guava, hope you got everything sorted out in time for your gig.

I asked Rob (Handcrafted) a while back about the 22v vs 24v debate raging in my head and here was his response:

[quote author="higgensrob"]A 22+22 will work fine. The main reason you would want a 24+24 is that your house power outlets can fluctuate. If your normal 120V fell down to 110 or below, your regulator might not get enough V. This is unlikely, but some places have really bad power. If your unregulated DC volts fall down to 24 or less you will hear pops and clicks as the regulators turn on and off.

I would still probably get the 22 though. It's doubtful power will fall below 115, and if it does you could still be ok. The lower V will help keep the regulators cool.[/quote]

Thanks Kato, all is fine now with 22V toroid. I ended up dropping in a JLM PS too. I had it going for a full day of tracking with no problems. :thumb:

[quote author="guavatone"]Thanks Kato, all is fine now with 22V toroid. I ended up dropping in a JLM PS too. I had it going for a full day of tracking with no problems. :thumb:[/quote]

Good!

I hope it's not a problem with the Handcrafted boards - cuz I ordered a bunch of 'em!

Latest posts

Back