Rack your Neotek Strips!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not the place to advretise that stuff man, especially $400 fo a JLM PSU. Go and design your own PSU come back and sell the PCBs here for a resonable price and then maybe folks here will reply to that.

Nothing personal man, but your just taking up bandwidth here with that post.

[quote author="structuredloud"]Rack those old Neotek Strips, they're floating around and cheap![/quote]
That's because they sound like crap... but that's only my opinion.

[quote author="Ptownkid"]Good god that's just asinine[/quote]

hehe.....so eloquently put, Ptown

[quote author="guavatone"][quote author="Ptownkid"]Good god that's just asinine[/quote]

hehe.....so eloquently put, Ptown[/quote]

I was trying to keep it polite... :grin:

[quote author="asm"][quote author="Emperor-TK"]Does the $400 include any heatshrink?[/quote]
nah, just lube[/quote]
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

[quote author="guavatone"]This is not the place to advretise that stuff man[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote author="guavatone"]

especially $400 fo a JLM PSU. Go and design your own PSU come back and sell the PCBs here for a resonable price and then maybe folks here will reply to that.
[/quote]

That price is to have it pre assembled. Takes me an hour to build it, mount it and calibrate to the proper voltage. It also INCLUDES all the other stuff too, I'm not trying to sell a $35 PSU for $400 dude.

[quote author="guavatone"]
Nothing personal man, but your just taking up bandwidth here with that post.[/quote]

This post was obviously not intended for everyone. If you have the wherewithall to do your own drilling and pressing, take measurements for all the components, and then silk-screen a nice looking logo. DIY your own case and yeah it'll cost you a lot less then $250. Maybe only $75 for the metal and shipping and about 8-10 hours if research and cutting if you're really good.

So go ahead and flame me for a reasonably (I wouldn't be paying my rent off this one) priced turn-key solution. I hope my three lines of text and a web link didn't crash the server.

the real question is why would you even want to do this for people for $400? Seems like it might get a little old after the 2nd unit is built. Especially since yeah, you are not gonna be paying the bills on this one demand for the neotek stuff is low at least at the moment.

I bet you can get away with a less expensive PSU than the JLM - like the one from the SSL9K or green pre. Then maybe at least there is half a chance of making a little money, and you can etch those yourself. Maybe power the thing from a wall wart? Use steel rack cases? Anyway, someone should move this thread over to the black market.

[quote author="Milkmansound"]
I bet you can get away with a less expensive PSU than the JLM - like the one from the SSL9K or green pre. Then maybe at least there is half a chance of making a little money, and you can etch those yourself. Maybe power the thing from a wall wart? Use steel rack cases? Anyway, someone should move this thread over to the black market.[/quote]

Good advice. I'd like to start etching soon, one thing at a time. Can we move this thread to the black market?

Latest posts

Back