A new sontec. PRELIMINARY OVERVIEW

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="cstella"]And Olaf, there seems to be something missing in your link..
http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/fa/3510/0/.htm
[/quote]

That's not exactly what I posted.... anyway, seems to be a Windows-only link, tried it on 3 Windows machines in 3 different towns and 2 different countries and it works. Does not work here on Max using Safari and also not under Irix with Netscape...

Here's a local copy:

http://www.akustische-kunst.org/audio/sontec/sontec_naked.jpg

Olaf

Hello, i have some stupid questions...

Is it possible to use pots insteed swithes +resistors ?

If yes , what kind of pot use ? and what value ?

Thanks a lot.
Olivier[/quote]

Sorry i didn't see the file filter.xls !!
Nobody try to make a sontec whith pots ?

i only see around here whith swithes, is better than pots ? why ?

Thanks.

Omeg aren't good for this project ? In the part list is 'bourns 91' is better than omeg?
Is there other good pot's or should i prefer definitly swithes ?

Thanks

I think bourns was just a preference at the time. You can certainly use Omeg if you want.
Bourns has a minimum of 500 units for the dual rev log 100k, and unfortunatelly I don't think that there are that many people here interested in building this eq. That would be about 100 mono units or 50 stereo units. Now that I think of it, 50 units is not that far fetched. Maybe I could organize a group buy if there was enough interest. Or maybe we should convince Fabio on redoing those boards to fit a different pot :green: , maybe the omeg.

Or maybe we should convince Fabio on redoing those boards to fit a different pot Mr. Green , maybe the omeg.

But omeg make standar pots footprint, i think is the same footprint than bourns 91 series ?
(price for 100 omeg 2*100k rev log is less 2 €/pcs)
Why omeg couldn't fit in fabio's pcb ?

Is impossible to command less bourns pots ( by distributor or resaler) ?

There are no standard sources for potentiometers of the quality needed, I think.

Do you want to say: no exist dual 100k rev log of good quality ? or is impossible for us to buy ?

Thanks

The footprints are different between the 91series and omeg. Unless there are other models of omeg that I'm not looking at. Me and Svart looked at a few and none had the same footprint.
Maybe someone else could take a deeper look.
I tried quoting the pots thru Mouser and Newark and they both gave me the same min of 500.

peace
Gil

[quote author="Kev"]Vactrols
4 of them ??
[/quote]

These EQ's were meant for disk cutting. For disk cutting you need four channels. L/R program and L/R preview. Program drives the cutterhead and preview drives the automatic variable pitch and depth computer. So the "dual stereo" is more accurately described as a preview/program EQ.

You could put two of these in series for an A/B setup and switch in reel time. The "A" EQ for the first track, the "B" EQ for the second track, the "A" EQ for the third track ect. So you needed silent switching so you didn't hear it on the record.

Latest posts

Back