lookin' to buy a PCB to build +-24 VDC PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetboatguy

Who's got any around these neck of the woods... I'm in CANADA

this PCB looks resonable and well priced, but I'd have to order all the way from Australia... ?

www.jlmaudio.com/JLM%20Power%20Supply.htm

<rant>

shipping did not take long from the time of payment to the states when i ordered from jlm.'

go for it, it's a good idea... hassle free, well performing, and just quality. also, i have no doubt that if you ran into some trouble, aside from this forum, you could get some advice by emailing joe.

when i get some silver i'm going to be ordering some of those boards myself.

also, having all the regulators at one edge of the board for heatsinking is nice as well.

so yeah... my experiences with joes stuff is great, and I plan on getting into some 99v stuff soon.

</rant>

[quote author="gyraf"]Why not mock it up on a piece of veroboard?[/quote]

Then again, I did that once and its working out great, and its really satisfying if you've never done anything but pcb/kit work.

anyway, both routes work out well.... there are some great power supply schematics on the forum, check out the PSU meta

billy

+-24v powersupply that I'm building is a set of TO-220 diodes screwed down to the chassis, some caps glued to the chassis and some regulators screwed to the chassis.. Not much more simple and reliable than that..

Latest posts

Back