Visit Belgium

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLF

Hei all i Belgium,

I will be on a tour down to Brussels. I have to do my tenor stuff at a few cathedrals. Is there any body interested in having a visitor for a few hours?

I should be there the 11th or 12th September for ten days.

Thanks,

Chris ... Oppdal

Hi Chris,

In case you would be around another time feel free to get in touch,
i'm afraid i will not have any time to loose during september...
albeit in disguise, there are a few more Belgians around here...

Cheers and enjoy French fries (Belgian invention :green: ), Belgian beer (more different brew in Belgium alone then all over the world together) and Belgian people (fill in what you want, you're propably right too :green: )

Post again when you're there, i am maybe working in BXL 3rd week of september, although not yet confirmed by the clients... in that case i would have more time

Tony.

Hei Tony,

I already have a beer list made up, I am aiming for 200 different types. ... but not all in the same day! I will be staying with some Flemish folk so all is a little skewed view.

I do have to be careful ... this is a paid job so ..... maybe some chips,onions and cheese and a couple of beers .... every day!

Chris ... Oppdal

Like PT Barnum said, there's one born every minute.

http://zapatopi.net/belgium.html

Bear

I'll be in Belgium - in Brussels - for the next couple of days. At ICP studios.

Is there any must-see's around Brussels?

What is the right beer to try?

Jakob E.

most of my UK friends seem to like Palm a lot btw,
Hoegaarden is something i dislike but a lot of folks also dig.
If you're more of a pilsener guy, there plenty and most of them are already available in Scandinavia as import as well i assume.

Heavier would be Duvel, Trappist (various brew - Triple Leffe :thumb: )
in the BXL area you'll find some nice pubs with a massive beercellar as well.

Cheers!

Chris, you're very welcome !!
And Jakob too off course !

I believe you both have my e-mail ?

Ward (perki)

I tend to drift towards the Leffe Bruin or Hoegarden
(but then I adore German Alt bier - which is damn near impossible to get outside of the Ruhr)
I spend a lot of time in Brussels - and unforunately i don't spend a lot of leisure time there - I tend to go to the university town just outside Brussels - Leuven - much better atmosphere for a night out
As with most central european towns - the place shuts down on Saturday afternoons
The expo park is alright for a walk - with an Imax cinema and multiple screens showing movies (some in English - with two sets of sub titles - one flemish - the other french)
The expo ball type things - give a miss - unless you are seriously into tatyy touristy exhibitions of tintin cartoons inside rusting 1960s steel balls.

You might have guessed Brussels is not on my wish list of places to visit for fun - But I have to go for work...

I must recommend the draught Triple Leffe as a very good breakfast beer. It starts the day very well (and pretty much ends it too!).
Have a good trip!

for those who like Leuven, will Love Ghent (or Gent in vlaams ;-)
I consider Gent as the biggest village of Europe with one of the best real festivals around :thumb: and all for free, loads of pretty people around etc...

man, i should consider a job as ambassador of Belgian turism here :green:

cheers!

Hi guys - I'm back from Bruxelles, Belgium..!

Great city indeed!

I ended up preferring the Hoegarten "Weiss" - but I had less time to go bar-crawling than I would have liked. It seems that there's literally HUNDREDS of different beers around there!

On a side note - the ICP studios where I was working calibrating their three Gyraf G10's - that place is truely mindblowing! I've never seen anything like it.. So much gear, so much space - and fantastic cooks! I've been in some pretty impressive studios, but this one takes the prize..

They even have a top-tuned Telefunken/Siemens tube board in their studio D...

Check out their website at: http://www.icpstudios.com/

Jules from ICP auditioning the finetuning of their three G10's:

Icp-jules.jpg

(in the background: Tim Campbell)

Jakob E.

great studio, greater gear, greatest Jakob! :thumb:

btw, number of different available beers in Belgiums is around 3000!
There's a place in the Flemish Ardennes where they stock over 1300 different brews!

All you thirsty souls, you know where to go now,

Cheers,
Tony

Back