Anyone else getting errors on their PMs??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tubejay

Whenever I get a PM I get an error, and a debug screen that appears to be a part of the forum software. Anyone else get this? Sorry if this has been covered.

It's probably because I'm using an obscure web browser (Camino, formerly Chimera(it's the best web browser I've found for mac though)).

Thanks,

Jay

I get the same thing, I have to click the PM once, get the error, go back, click again and it works.

dave

Yeah, its a known issue, sorry about that...
But as stated, you can click back in your browser and try again, and it works.

I have quite a few more things to do before I can get to that, but it will be resolved as soon as I've got a free hand again :oops: .

yes same here... If I hit reload its ok...
my "sent" folder seems to be permanently empty too :\ know anything about that?

Hey Admin...DON'T SWEAT IT!!! It's not a big deal at all. I'm amazed that there's not any real issues with the forum given how fast you guys put this thing up. I was just curious if it was just me, or if everyone was getting it. Using an obscure web browser, I often find little bugs that only affect me, and the 5 other people in the world that use it...

This place rocks, the PM thing is no big deal...

Thanks!

:thumb: (I'm addicted to the thumb...)

Scenaria,

I disabled the saved and sent folders, and allowed everyone to keep 20PMs in their box.

If the majority of guys would like a change to that let me know.
Or post a poll, LOL :grin:
Ahhhhh...Democracy!

oh ok

I just thought I was messed up :)

I coulda swore one day they were there and the next they werent.. thouht I changed something in the preferences

Admin;

I have seen the PM error no biggie.

In the future we may want more messages in the PM box.
We had asked that on the old forum but there was no reply.

Also Saturday at 6pm Eeast coast response was very slow.
It took a minute to load a page.

Just making you aware.
Keep up the good work.
Tell your boss you need a raise.

On Saturday I was doing some work behind the scenes, which should be why there were a few disruptions.

This server is pretty fast, but once in a blue moon there will always be slight glitches in speed (but it won't be from "lack of resources")...these are computers afterall :green:
Thank Mr. Microsoft :!:

Also, if you ever have trouble accessing any site, run a trace route in DOS, to make sure it isn't possibly on your side.

As for the raise...
I wish! I'm doing the forum thing for free, on my own time.

I get it a lot, but I just hit [F5] and te error disappears every time.

I must say, if this is the limit of the hardships I encounter with the new forum arrangement... -"Long live Progress"!!!

Keith

[quote author="Admin"]On Saturday I was doing some work behind the scenes, which should be why there were a few disruptions.[/quote]

Glad to hear that's all that it was. I was online when the page went down; and being the pessimist I am, I assumed the worst (i.e., a revenge hack). I went out for Indian food, and was glad to see the forum up and running when I got back.

Whoa, you're running this on an MS server? You're braver than I thought! :green:

I am an IT engineer by trade, and have experience with phpBB and lots of other Open Source stuff. Let me know if you need a hand.

I've tried it several times and my PMs are not working. I'm getting a 1064 error message and syntax note or whatever blurb it is. What else can I try?

This topic was buried and I only saw it by chance. We should get this fixed or put the word out that PMs are not working. I still don't get how some of you could access yours... :cry:

Tommypiper

I'm glad people have brought this up as i didn't want to be negative.
I'm having desperate trouble with many things. All my out going PM's are gone and I didn't make a record of them. I error on every entry to a PM.
My IE will crash approx each half hour at the moment but it does seem to help if I only have two windows open.
AND for me only two windows is like cold turkey :shock:
If I try to load the host/root I get blue screen of death.

otherwise

It's all good :sad:

Well, I just switched to an old Netscape 4.7 browser and I was able to access my PMs (I'm on a Mac) for the first time. However, when logging on it said I had no new PMs!

So I clicked on "You have no new messages" and then I could access my new PM.

Anyway, love the speed and lack of ads here. That's worth many hickups if you ask me.

Latest posts

Back