spectra sonics 101 or 110?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like spectrasonics you can probably get brand new cards for your pre's. I have two 610's that I was goanna get serviced. Low and behold Spectrasonics is still open for biz. Their located in Ogden Utah. Real friendly people. I think they will even make brand new 610's and what not.

Will

Any news from the people who were building these from scratch ? Would be interesting to hear about the types of transistors & their influence.
I mean, the patent mentioned Ge-transistors but later info indicated all-Si.

Low and behold Spectrasonics is still open for biz.
Would be fun to be able to buy a few empty PCB-cards.

Regards,

Peter

If you have a choice, I'd use the 110A. The 101 card uses a single +24 vdc supply and the 110/110A use +/- 24 vdc. You'll get a few dB more headroom out of the 110/110A. Also the 101 and 110 have 600 ohm input impedance, and the 110A has 2.5k.

All of the above is from memory, so I could be wrong.

Sonically, they should all be pretty similar, except for the differences caused by the different input impedance and the few extra dB of output capability.

Cheers,

[quote author="maxwall"]Its amazing , I found the old button style transistors for this build and they have gold plated legs. some are even JAN military spec parts , completely unique compared to current supplies available.[/quote]

Just curious, what will you be using ? The patent mentioned Ge-transistors but later info indicated all-Si.

I'll build multiples with different combinations of components to compare sound , hearing is the best test.

Back