Ripping 5:1 audio from DVD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I just bought the Beatles 'Love' CD and DVD. The DVD is a 5:1 version of the CD. I would like to rip all five audio channels to separate wavs (or a multitrack wav). Most DVD audio rippers I have come across just produce a stereo wav. What do I need to get the separate channels??

Ian

I have been using a combination of DVD decrypter and Ciler's Ac3Tool, small and useful programes. Greatness of Freeware....

:green:

[quote author="SSLtech"]What's the format? -DTS? -AC3? SACD?
Keith[/quote]
Not sure. I am not familiar with the various DVD formats. This is what is says on the package.

DVD-A disc features audio content only.* PCM stereo * DTS 5.1 *Dolby Digital 5.1. To access the advanced resolution option a DVD-AUDIO player is required

Ian

Ah.

I have a CAD-4, which can rip the DTS stream to three AES3 streams, which can of course be losslessly translated to wav files.

It's not a one-button "rip" as such, but the data is extracted as you need... -a hardware solution. -Let me ask if anyone around here has the disc, and I'll see if I can do it for you.

-Oh and re: the Fostex R8 stuff (topic elsewhere): Again, no disrespect intended... -I just come across as condescending a lot! :wink:

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]Ah.

I have a CAD-4, which can rip the DTS stream to three AES3 streams, which can of course be losslessly translated to wav files.

It's not a one-button "rip" as such, but the data is extracted as you need... -a hardware solution. -Let me ask if anyone around here has the disc, and I'll see if I can do it for you.[/quote]

I have now found a rather neat PC program that does it from castudio.org

-Oh and re: the Fostex R8 stuff (topic elsewhere): Again, no disrespect intended... -I just come across as condescending a lot! :wink:
No problem. We are all entitled to our opinions and everyone's experience differs. It would be bloody boring otherwise.

Ian :thumb:

I use Smartripper, If you go into the Smartripper "Stream Processing" settings it will let you select just the audio tracks and allow you to rip them to your HD in there Native Format (DTS,AC3,Wav/LPCM).....

Cheers

Latest posts

Back