Trying to find obsolete IC - 5011 CL389

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.e.d

Hi, I'm trying to find a replacement for an IC that's obsolete. It has the markings - 5011 and CL389 and is a six pin, 3 on each side. Does anybody have any pointers as to somewhere I might source an obsolete old IC from the early eighties?
Thanks

Hi, it's the second stage limiter on the pcm 42 input. It can just be removed and the delay will still work, but you don't have the limiter function, which gives the delay a bit of a tape saturation feel to it.
Thanks

I tried to search for that part number but all I see is your post on Gearsl**tz. :grin:

Looks like you may need to contact a Lexicon repair center for info. It may be a common chip with a house number on it.

Jim Fabiaaaaaaaaaaano.

...and yes. That's how he pronounces it! :wink:

See if you can get a number or an email address for him; he knows about muich of tht stuff, which Lexicon no longer supports.

Keith

Hi, thanks for all the replies. Jim is excellent. He's the one who told me they were obsolete, but he's flat out with his renovations and some other stuff atm so I didn't want to keep buggin him. I finally found the part on a tiny pdf schematic, it;'s a clm50, so I'm trying to source a few.
Thanks for the input.
Cheers,

Led

Latest posts

Back