Sound Workshop Logex 8 input mod.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicmook56

Hi-

I've owned a logex 8 20 channel board for a few years now, and now that I finaly have a real multi track with bal. I/O, I was thinking of ways to easly ballance the line input. Here is the schematic..pretty simple

input.jpg

looks to me like the budget construction of this board prohibited a TRS jack, and it could "probably" be modded like this...or maybe there was a good reason to keep it single ended.

modinput.jpg

Does anyone see anything wrong with this? I'm a bit worried about the higher signal going threw the whole thing, but that could be trimmed with the "tape gain" adjustment.

On the bus outputs and Mix Bus output, I was thinking about using a transformer to do the job. Someone on the soundworkshops yahoo group recomended the Cinemag CMOB-2S, at $21.50 a piece, I could just buy a few at a time and have a really fun console.

Am I overlooking anything?

Also, I had a few HA4605's crap out on me ( I've never herd of these) and went ahead and re-caped and replaced a few channels with all TL072's just to get a few spare 4605's (The mid range audio felt "faster" to me, and bass was a bit tighter. I'm not sure if this is from caps or TL072's) I wanted to use OPA4134's, but there not available in DIP anymore :cry:

I came up with this little board to make a quad 14 pin IC into 4 single 8 pins.

quad.jpg

The idea is to play around with diffrent op amps in the same circuit.
Stick a LT 1115 as the input buffer, a 5534 or opa 134 on EQ and meter buffer and output.

:guinness:

Latest posts

Back