Best way to connect electret capsule to G7 ???????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Just knocked up a G7 circuit point to point, was plannining to borrow AKG Solid tubes capsule to see if I have the G7 working ok...

Dale116do7 kindly wrote...

"take the capsule bias resistor to ground instead of +62 volts."

Im not as technical as most ..is the bias res the 33 meg ??

also the solid capsule only has 2 connections..??

can anyone point me right im worried I may harm the solid capsule you see.

If I get that end connected right, I need output transformer, I have a OEP A262A2E laying around, I read via some searches some1 used a different model OEP with success perhaps I could just use it for a test.

The plan is to get a Peluso capsule and good tranformer if all looks well

Thanks guys...........................Gary O.

Ok I can do this ......im gonna not gonna give my electret capsule any polarization voltage via the 10 K....
I only have 2 connections on my electret ..so 1 goes to ground and other to grid?... I spose.....but it says 80V at that point on schematic.....I better check that has gone away with volt meter b4 I connect solid tubes electret...
Hmm I think it will still be there ..the 2 x 470Ks will divide the 160V into 80V and go thru the 1 gig res?.....so is this the res I should connect to ground?...

ok im talking to myself enough guessing im going to give the circuit some volts without capsule see what voltage readings I get tho I have read that the voltage readings near the capsule will be wiered due to impeadance..............Bugger how will I know if electret frying voltage lurks ???? maybe I could test those points with a bulb or something.

Wish me luck .....................Gary O.

Latest posts

Back