PM 1000 PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are just racking 2 channels, you can use any 44V PSU - does not have to be anything like the original.

I recently racked a pair using the JLM PSU - I only used the 48V section and it works fine, and was pretty inexpensive.

[quote author="Milkmansound"]if you are just racking 2 channels, you can use any 44V PSU - does not have to be anything like the original.

I recently racked a pair using the JLM PSU - I only used the 48V section and it works fine, and was pretty inexpensive.[/quote]

milkman, what did you use for a power tx with the jlm?

Amveco 22V-0-22V, 35VA

from Digikey part no. TE62075-ND

Actually, using the JLM supply took a little work. I had to disable the 2 other rails and figure out which of the diodes were gonna lead me to the voltage tripler. Then, I was getting this horrible noise when turning the EQ pots to their max settings - I got rid of that by doing a regular star ground instead of the onboard audio ground scheme on the JLM PCB (just a cap and resistor I think) So if you use the JLM method, prepare to make a few jumpers and just do a regular star ground to the chassis - the preamps are nice and quiet - even more so that way I guess.

I've been using 1N4003 diodes ($0.04 ea or less... about 6 or 7 in series to drop 48 to 44) and the Power-One (0.5A) PSU from Mouser. I did build one with a Meanwell PS-25-48 (about $20 online) and even though it's a switching supply, I did not notice anything funny in the end result.

Mike

all of the pm1000's I have racked in the past have just run off of a single 44V - thats enough for phantom. Or you can run them off 48V which will be ok for the pm1000's. This was all confirmed ages ago in a post by PRR... so I feel fine doing it that way and have not had any problems whatsoever.

Back